Eonon 10.1" Android 8.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

Squirrel!

Curmudgeon
Ohio
I was in an accident on Christmas eve. My car was totaled (someone else ran a red light and I nailed him) and I bought a 2012 Escape with regular stereo. I tried the Boss BV9384NV I was using, but it was having issues after the accident so I pulled it and bought an Eonon 10.1" HU. I can still return it but I want to know, is there a better 10.1" that sounds decent on it's own BEFORE I add an amp? I paid $140 for the refurb off eBay. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335951755&icep_item=153829633936 I don't need nor want a $700 HU. Thanks so much in advance. Again, I can return this for a few more days before I'm committed.

What invaluable information this response is! :rolleyes:
he means all the best. You really do get what you pay for. Anything boss or android has zero focus on sound quality, uses cheap amplifier stages and DACs, bottom of the barrel low end chinese chips. Definitely stick with pioneer, alpine or kenwood. You really dont need all those apps, just get a double din for 200 bucks some pioneer one and you'll be fine. Again stay away from those android units. Especially if if you plan on adding an amp its gonna be terrible. The RCA preouts are soo weak the signal is soo **** from the start, your amps will never reach full power.

Quit being a cheap fuq. You didn’t learn from buying that Boss headunit and bought another cheap ass headunit that has issues as well. A good headunit isn’t $700...
The Boss HU worked perfectly for years untill the accident. If you just want to bash, go somewhere else. If you'd like to be helpful, then by all means, please be helpful. But your self righteous BS isn't appreciated. :rolleyes:

he means all the best. You really do get what you pay for. Anything boss or android has zero focus on sound quality, uses cheap amplifier stages and DACs, bottom of the barrel low end chinese chips. Definitely stick with pioneer, alpine or kenwood. You really dont need all those apps, just get a double din for 200 bucks some pioneer one and you'll be fine. Again stay away from those android units. Especially if if you plan on adding an amp its gonna be terrible. The RCA preouts are soo weak the signal is soo **** from the start, your amps will never reach full power.
Thankyou! Meaning well and being an ass about it, are two different things. ;)

As for the cheap chinese stuff, I understand. This isn't a competition vehicle, rather, my work truck. I want the 10.1" screen and the availability to use different navigation apps/maps if I so choose. I realize the sound is not nearly as good as it could be. But I also use it for email and different client apps, instead of using the phone small screen.

Boss BV9384NV-what GREAT units these are! Sound is excellent from them, don't listen to someone that "means all the best" when they have no idea of reality, but rather just repeating a stigma. I have had zero issues with SQ nor function from either of my TWO (yes, the 1st one was impressive enough that I bought a second for my other car) Boss BV9384NV units. My other car is still great sounding. It may not be a Pioneer or a Kenwood, but I can guarantee the SQ of these units, without an amp mind you, is just as good as the pioneer or kenwood units. Again, this is a work truck. Not a competition vehicle to blow out ones ear drums. I was just wondering if there is a better 10.1" unit out there. I guess not.

Thanks so much for your reply, Jeff & wew lad. At least you are being helpful and not an a-hole about it. I guess I will continue to seek for what I am searching for elsewhere.

How do you know if its as good as pioneers or kenwoods if you never tried the others in a head by head comparison? But if that level of sound quality is fine to you then go ahead man. Seems function is more important than audio, those androids are fine for that. Get the newest gen processors though. The old ones are slow and buggy.

How do you know if its as good as pioneers or kenwoods if you never tried the others in a head by head comparison? But if that level of sound quality is fine to you then go ahead man. Seems function is more important than audio, those androids are fine for that. Get the newest gen processors though. The old ones are slow and buggy.
Because my son has the Pioneer in his truck and considering Pioneer and I've had Kenwood before. Pay for the name more than the device in my opinion. Same with Sony.

And yes, functionality is the primary goal. I don't critically listen in the car, but my home system instead. ;)

But that is not to say SQ doesn't matter, as if it didn't, I wouldn't have come here. I was just looking for a little help with what I got and if there was something better, for around the same price, I'd love to see it. While this cheap, chinese stereo works, there is alot left to be desired. I knew that going in though. I can make it sound very acceptable, not fantastic, but pretty darn decent for what it is. That is why I got an amp and a powered sub, which I also know very well it isn't the best. I am not willing to spend what it takes for the best, and understand compromises must be made.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.