enough to power audiobahn aw1200q's?

batsbaseball14
10+ year member

I know people here arnt a real big fan about audiobahn but this is all I have to work with for right now. I am in the market for a new amp and not sure what would be good to power 2 of these..they are rated at 700rms and are DVC 2 ohm operation. I was looking at a HiFonics Bx1500d but I believe it will only be giving 450w rms to each sub...i'm looking for someything to do between 500-700 rms or so at 2 ohm operation. Thanks

thanks for the quick reply...yeah they will be in a ported box...kinda new to the car audio thing. I just got informed that you cant split a monoblock amp over 2 channels lol. Because mono means 1.

Thanks alot..I'm not really wanting to spend more than 350 bucks...will I be able to run a mono amp on 2 subs if they are DVC? I have heard you can and I have heard you cant.
the people that told you you cant do it are morons, you can wire DVC subs to a mono amp

from your pm to me, please make sure you go to the wiring diagram before you get anything. If you are putting 2 2ohm subs together you can't get a 1 ohm load.

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31984

Look at the 2 subs at 2 ohm = 2 ohm. You are needing an amp that will feed your subs at the 2 ohm load. ps.mine is 1000 watts at 2 ohm which would give you 500 per sub ;-) hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.