Engine whine solution?

Participant count
  • Participant list

elroyboy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all, first post here. I installed system in 04 bmw 325ci that included Kenwood kdx head unit, 5 channel amp, and powered sub. I have a whine that goes along with engine rpm. I think I have narrowed it down to the powered sub. When I unhook it the whine goes away. I have tried different ground places but to no avail. Any help appreciated.

Hey all, first post here. I installed system in 04 bmw 325ci that included Kenwood kdx head unit, 5 channel amp, and powered sub. I have a whine that goes along with engine rpm. I think I have narrowed it down to the powered sub. When I unhook it the whine goes away. I have tried different ground places but to no avail. Any help appreciated.
Buy a pair of RCA ground loop isolators locally from an electronit store or Amazon and see if that helps, it solved my issue.
The problem could be the rcas are run alongside the power wire, which makes sense when you unplug the power the whine goes away

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.