Elemental Designs /Thanks all for the suggestion!!

hifi_homeboy
10+ year member

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thanks to the ones here telling me which speakers to go with and I must say that these Elemental Designs 10" e10Kx.44 by are f&^%ing AWSOME!!!!

I had a tech from ED e-mail me spes for a box for these 2-10's in my Ford eXplorer which I just got done building and installing it into my X about 4 hours ago and it really pounds hard!!! I mean hard.

Box is a vented w/ .7 cubic ft set at about 26hertz.

I am running a Audiobauhn 2002T amp bridged w/ Lpf on and it hits so god **** hard that my gas pedal while my foot is on it just viberates like crazy.

Today at lunch was rolling with a friend of mine in his Mustang which he is running a MTX4200 amp to 2- 12" Polk MoMo's in a sealed box would not or cannot even touch my stuff! Plain out QUADS!!!

I am so excited. The only thing I was worried about was WATTS on the amp, but it looks like its no problem. I think I might still upgrade on the amp do to stress and go with the RF P2002 one. But as of right now I am happy with what I been tossing them ED's around right now.

Thanks all.

Pics coming soon. BTW... I am running the stock EB system/ stereo with a converter off the stock 6.5" amp in the rear. A+ Sounds truely sounds really nice in SPL and SQ. Thanks again!!

Yea I just got my e12kx installed too! Yea baby! I constantly ask myself how in the hell was I listening to music without a sub before??? I got this one e12kx in a sealed 1.0cuFt box after displacement built to eD's specs, and it pounds like a mofo! man even this smooth jazz music has some bass that this sub just uncovered for me. throwing it 160 watts @ 4ohm; channels 3&4 bridged off a 65x4 usx 4065.

This sub gets some good bass for that low amount of power! It supposedly can handl 400 watts, but to those of you who just want something simple, not that ground-shaking loud bass - perfect choice! And this is a sealed box! I don't even wanna see it how it sounds ported!!!

wow. i havent heard the word quad since hs. i still like the word. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif anyway, id like to hear some of the k series in person.

SlickRick,

Thats funny when you mention "QUAD" that you have not heard that word in a while.

The last time when I was so serious about Bass was in high-School between 1991-1995 and when then the Shiznit audio equipment was PPI, ORION and Fosgates for amps and woofers were Orion Reds, Blues and EarthQuakes/ At least to my ears.

I personally never ran over 200 watts RMS and when I started to get back into bass, I hear that PPI sold out and RF were not good as they used to be. As for Orion,,, seems like there still doing a awsome job. It amazing how things change in a short time.

I remember there was a sub and it was a ugly one and so **** expensive, but I can't remember the name of it... but it would pound like a "MOFO" (I guess is the new word for QUAD/replacement) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif .

-But anyways things changed and I am impressed with my ED's purchase. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I hear that PPI sold out and RF were not good as they used to be. As for Orion,,, seems like there still doing a awsome job. It amazing how things change in a short time.
PPI is as good as they have always been, plus it is kind of a contradiction if PPI is bad but Orion is good, they are both from the same company (Directed).

Fosgate did sell out though, advertising max ratings so that they could "compete" better with the Best Buy crowd.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.