East or west San Fernando Valley- competent installer?

2014- thanks for your help. I talked to 3 places yesterday. One I liked, one left feeling they were sketchy and Pacific Stereo. PS didn't really have time to talk over the phone and I haven't been there in person yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
2014- thanks for your help. I talked to 3 places yesterday. One I liked, one left feeling they were sketchy and Pacific Stereo. PS seemed oily slick on the phone- didn't visit them in person.
how about montebello? Whitehorse Customz

Don't know if you're still looking but there are a couple of shops that I've seen on Yelp. One is off of Roscoe and Woodley Ave in North Hills called Street Sound Plus and the other is in Van Nuys on Sepulveda Blvd, called Audio Planet.

Also, cosign on Whitehorse Customz. They just recently installed a whole new stereo system in my wife's Sequoia. Couldn't be happier.

I used Stereo 1 in Northridge for my 2018 Explorer. Very happy with the work they did and the prices were as good or better than any of the other half dozen or so places I seriously looked in to. I had 2 amps, a dsp and a bunch of speakers installed. Everything worked as it should when they were done.
What I found was a whole lotta crappy places that didn't know squat about customer service and were more about looking and acting cool/important. There are some guys that do custom work and I gathered very excellent work, but their schedules were all full. Probably not the case now in virus-time.

I used Stereo 1 in Northridge for my 2018 Explorer. Very happy with the work they did and the prices were as good or better than any of the other half dozen or so places I seriously looked in to. I had 2 amps, a dsp and a bunch of speakers installed. Everything worked as it should when they were done.
What I found was a whole lotta crappy places that didn't know squat about customer service and were more about looking and acting cool/important. There are some guys that do custom work and I gathered very excellent work, but their schedules were all full. Probably not the case now in virus-time.
Still happy with your system? Do you mind giving me an idea of what it cost? Where’d you install the sub?

I have a 2020 Explorer and am looking to do a good quality sound upgrade while keeping everything as stock appearing as possible. Figured I’d need a DSP/amp (combo?), new speakers and a sub. Depending on cost, might do some sound treatment too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...