Duct tape ans SPL

Same. I want to get to where my beard goes ape **** sitting there. Once I get my money for my B2s... And that Viking 7k... And all the batteries and wires... Well ****. Why did I pick such an expensive hobby?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I had a Viking 7k. Good amp

Anyways, back to the original topic, I am going to try some tape. I cut one hole a little too big so there is some noticeable air leaking when I'm pounding. I'll definitely report back if there's even a slight audible difference in my case

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This is the impedance profile of a vented enclosure. The two impedance peaks represent port and driver resonance. The *height* of the peaks represent losses. Anything you can do to minimize the losses and/or increase damping will result in a lower peak, more power and more SPL.

Dis be de math and shit.

This is the impedance profile of a vented enclosure. The two impedance peaks represent port and driver resonance. The *height* of the peaks represent losses. Anything you can do to minimize the losses and/or increase damping will result in a lower peak, more power and more SPL.

Dis be de math and shit.

Thanks! I thought the peaks in impedance were also peaks in efficiency //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Thanks! I thought the peaks in impedance were also peaks in efficiency //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
They are, but the efficiency you gain from resonance you lose because a constant voltage amp makes less power at a rate more or less in direct relation to the efficiency gains. This is why an impedance peak that looks like that doesn't sound like that.

They are, but the efficiency you gain from resonance you lose because a constant voltage amp makes less power at a rate more or less in direct relation to the efficiency gains. This is why an impedance peak that looks like that doesn't sound like that.
Then wouldn't lowering those peaks just stress your amp/electrical more?

I hope you all realize that tweaking to pick up a dB at the meter with duct tape, PVC pipe half-rounds, etc. will be inaudible for you or passengers. For more impressive demo, figure out which door or window open makes it feel more intense in the passenger seat. Those sort of things can actually be audible, the vast majority of tricks on that thread won't help for just having your music louder.
Not to mention that looks fkin ghetto. no way I would roll with my sh*t looking like that.

Throw a curve ball to you here since you said this is a daily and not chasing tenths... consider fill.
Should I cover the inside of my box with polyester foam instead?

I was going to resin everything and then wax it. I thought resin/wax or bed liner were the best options.

What's your opinion? Any experience with polyester foam on the inside of the box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

adulbrich

5,000+ posts
Olive oil un-virginer
adulbrich
Ames, Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date