500 watts @ 4 ohm
500 watts @ 3 ohm
500 watts @ 2 ohm
500 watts @ 1.5 ohm

The Subwoofer I am thinking of either
10TW3-D4 (Dual 4 ohm) wiring it down to 2 Ohm
Or
10TW3-D8 ( Dual 8 ohm) wiring it down to 4 ohm

Which woofer do you think its best? And suggestions for other woofers as good or better with a depth of 3 inches or less? I have space issues.

My amp is JL Audio HD900/5.
It feeds subwoofer channel
500 watts @ 4 ohm
500 watts @ 3 ohm
500 watts @ 2 ohm
500 watts @ 1.5 ohm

The Subwoofer I am thinking of either
10TW3-D4 (Dual 4 ohm) wiring it down to 2 Ohm
Or
10TW3-D8 ( Dual 8 ohm) wiring it down to 4 ohm

Which woofer do you think its best? And suggestions for other woofers as good or better with a depth of 3 inches or less? I have space issues.

Do you have to go shallow mount? Which vehicle?

Yes, Maserati Granturismo, placing woofer on the rear shelf and try to custom make an enclosure! The clearance with the fuel tank is very limited!

Thanks for your quick replies. Which one 4 dual or 8 dual? I believe the Amp can handle any of them, but I have to make a choice!

Amp runs the same from 4-1.5 ohms so as long as you don't go below 1.5 or above 4 it doesn't really matter
Dual 8 will give you a 4ohm load and 500watts
Dual 4 will give you a 2ohm load and 500 watts

id get the dual 8, and run it at 4 ohms.

cause if you ever want a 2nd sub, you can run them at 2 ohms

heres the wiring examples...

I have run into issues with subwoofer location and fitting. There isnt enough space to customize the seal enclosure to fit the woofer on rear shelf because of the fuel tank. As i have disabled the OEM 5 inch woofer infront of the passenger seat footstep, i have a tiny space for a small size enclourse. What 8 inch or smaller woofer would you recommend that requires very small enclosure yet provides decent quality deep base. It will be run on the sub channel of my JL HD900/5 so 500 watts RMS on either 4 or 3 or 2 or 1.5 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...