COMPLETED Dual 1.4 ohm 3" 4 layer copper coils to fit '05 "small gap" Shocker Sig

Status
Not open for further replies.

hispls
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Price
$30
Pretty sure Shocker Mike is gone so I had a batch of these coils made to spec by Precision Econowind. Dual 1.4 ohm copper (I will have D2.8 copper sometime in December). This is the most recent revision with the black coating and slightly thicker former. I've used these with the previous version of this coil and they are close enough specs to run together with no ill effects.

Fits small gap Sig and neo-Sig. They also do fairly well in TC9 motor though they're a bit heavier than any of the OEM TC9 stuff I've seen.

30$ each + shipping. Spread the word if you see anyone asking about coils for these subs. AFAIK there's nothing else on the market that fits and these are the OEM specs Mike and I came up with about 8 or 9 years ago so they'll match anything up to that old.

EDIT**************************************

Got D2.8 copper coils last week, those were a little more money so 31$ a pop for those.

Was Photo Included
  1. Yes
Last edited:
i got my motors directly from mike on another forum years ago. wanted to get coils from him to since i saw another thread that he had a few but then lost contact with him

Sorry to have ignored this thread. I DO NOT get notified about messages to threads here but do get notifications to PMs so please PM me if interested.

ID 3.018
OD 3.150
WW 2.150
Former height 5.000"

Dual 2.8 versions should be here late April though they were supposed to by done late last year so no promises there. They will be the same ID and OD but 2.600 WW

Dual 2.8 versions should be here late April though they were supposed to by done late last year so no promises there. They will be the same ID and OD but 2.600 WW
I will definitely be grabbing a pair of the D2.8 once they come in, and likely one of the D1.4 along with it. Thanks, dude.

Bump. Dual 2.8 versions finally turned up last week so I will have both available for anybody trying to keep their Sig motors going or for anybody who wants to put a big power handling upgrade into a TC9.

Pretty sure Shocker Mike is gone so I had a batch of these coils made to spec by Precision Econowind. Dual 1.4 ohm copper (I will have D2.8 copper sometime in December). This is the most recent revision with the black coating and slightly thicker former. I've used these with the previous version of this coil and they are close enough specs to run together with no ill effects.

Fits small gap Sig and neo-Sig. They also do fairly well in TC9 motor though they're a bit heavier than any of the OEM TC9 stuff I've seen.

30$ each + shipping. Spread the word if you see anyone asking about coils for these subs. AFAIK there's nothing else on the market that fits and these are the OEM specs Mike and I came up with about 8 or 9 years ago so they'll match anything up to that old.

View attachment 23626
View attachment 23627

Got D2.8 copper coils last week, those were a little more money so 31$ a pop for those.
would you happen to have any other coils for sale?

would you happen to have any other coils for sale?

No. They're not cheap, minimum order quantity is kind of high, and manufacturers are so far behind that it takes at least 6 months from ordering to delivery. I'm NOT trying to be in the speaker parts business, I just need these coils to keep my own habit going and I had to buy in big to make that happen.

What sub are you trying to fit? I might be able to point you in the right direction.

View attachment 23626
View attachment 23627

Hey sir could you help me out.im new in sub game.i need a voicecoil.its a pure audio motor but i need a 4” vc around 4.18 thats a 4 layer,i currently have a 8 layer.where can i get one about that size or can i.thanks

Hey sir could you help me out.im new in sub game.i need a voicecoil.its a pure audio motor but i need a 4” vc around 4.18 thats a 4 layer,i currently have a 8 layer.where can i get one about that size or can i.thanks

You will need to get some calipers to measure with more precision for inner and outer diameter. You should also have an idea of how much former height you need to fit your frame. Lord of Bass has about the best selection right now once you know your dimensions, Springfield Speaker Repair has a lot of stuff in stock not on their website but they've been difficult to get hold of lately.

You will need to get some calipers to measure with more precision for inner and outer diameter. You should also have an idea of how much former height you need to fit your frame. Lord of Bass has about the best selection right now once you know your dimensions, Springfield Speaker Repair has a lot of stuff in stock not on their website but they've been difficult to get hold of lately.
Sry i wasnt trying hack up your thread,but let me ask this,does it matter how much clearance your vc has between top plate and voicecoil.say ya had .025 thousandths clearance too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...