Double Din reccomendations 🙏

I have had a Pioneer 8000-NEX for a few years now and here are the pros/cons for me.

Pros
1. Sounds quality is amazing compared to Kenwoods I have owned in the past. Seems like the Pioneers I have bought are bright and clear and the Kenwoods were a little muddied.

Cons
1. Internal Navigation stopped working almost exactly after my 1 year warranty expired. The error says positioning not possible and to contact Pioneer. I have tried everything I have found online to remedy this, but nothing worked. I'd rather live without internal NAV then send it back to Pioneeer. Many others online have had this issue.

2. Apple CarPlay is almost unusable. Super slow to load and when it does, if there are any apps that were open since the last session, they will complain about not being connected. The apps need to be closed on the phone and then have the NEX open them fresh, then it will work.... sometimes.

3. Album art only works about 50% of the time, maybe less. I load a USB drive with .FLAC files and about half the time it will display a blank default icon instead of the art. All songs were ripped by me using the same method. Not sure why it only likes some art over others.

4. Backup camera delay when shifting into reverse. (not that big of a deal, just annoying).

I am going to try my luck with a higher end Alpine for my next deck I think. Not complete sure yet.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.