Does having aftermarket subwoofers harm electrical if my car has a ELD?

Participant count
  • Participants list

verdi73

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I've had a 800 watt rms skar amp for over 2 years now and I just learned about my ELD in my civic. I can see my voltage sit around 12.5v while the cars running. My question is will it hurt anything in my car to keep playing like I normally do? I know that the amp won't output as much power, but I never play that loud anyways. I just don't want to burn out my alt or fry my battery. How does the battery not die once I start playing if the amp is not connected with the ELD?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Thanks everyone for the replies! Like I said in my first post I’m not wanting to be loud, I just would like to have a little extra bass.. I like...
It's always leaned that direction. Not sure how cheap you can really get anything done these days. Deadening and custom mounting...
You're not going to know until you test with a meter. Typically even carpeting a box as opposed to painting is going to lose a few tenths.
These are decent budget subs. The box design isn’t bad at 5 cubes for these, but I’d drop it down just a little and raise port tuning up to 32...
The correct answer is yes, you want both left and right so you get low end information from both channels. It is very common for recording...

About this thread

verdi73

CarAudio.com Newbie
verdi73
colorado springs
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from