Does anyone know the port tuning of this box?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Lack of a good variety of equipment is one thing but like NOBODY seems to have a skill saw, jig saw, router, and drill to build a box even. You could absolutely get loud and sound good with some of the stuff you can get over there if you could build proper boxes.

That all said, how bad do you guys get knocked on taxes buying from Brazil? Seems their amps are cheap enough and small/light enough that you should be at least able to get power cheap.
That’s true, I know the enclosure plays a massive part, ive found someone who can build them and they look good quality! The problem is shipping, you could pay £170 for something then pay £200+ in shipping, that’s what I found with subwoofers from US

The problem is shipping, you could pay £170 for something then pay £200+ in shipping, that’s what I found with subwoofers from US
Well yeah, subs are heavy and international shipping is expensive until you get into container/freight size loads. There you're probably limited to what you can buy from local shops but for amps at least these days you might could get a friend over here to mail you a full bridge amp for cheap.

That or if you travel you could just throw something in your bag when you return home, I've got a friend from Poland that always loads up on stuff here in the USA to bring home and keep or often re-sell. New phones, a laptop or two, tablets, clothing. He even took home a nice woodworking shop worth of DeWalt power tools piece by piece and a couple high end bikes.

Anyway, I think you could make the most of your options there if you could at least find a box builder who knows what they're doing and that at least you could probably drive and pick up yourself cheaper than shipping. One of you guys desperately needs to start getting proper loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.