Does anyone know how many watts this amp puts out and does antone know much about it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jlman
10+ year member

Review Committee
Ok i got a amp from my bro its a alpine 3542 duo b circuitry an older amp i am guessing between 1996-1999 it was made i want to know how many watts it can put out and is it any good.It has to be a bigger amp cause it has a 30 amp fuse in it.

The 30 amp fuse is a pretty good indicator of how much power the amp has. A general rule of thumb is that you need 10 amps of current to make 100 watts of musical power at 4 ohms , so a total bridged output of 300 watts is a reasonable number to assume.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: stones ]

if its bigger than the alpine 3572S, then it's possible that it puts out over 300 watts. the alpine 3572S that i had put out 280 watts. by looking at the model number and a guess, i'm thinking this amp is smaller than the one i formerly owned, but this is just an educated guess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.