Do Equalizers help? Are they worth it?

crfrider
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Oklahoma
A yes are having eqs worth it? like does it help any? im looking at the CLARION EQS746 eq, Im not sure how you hook these up but if someone could help me i would appreciate it? does having one of these cancel out the eq on the hu and the eqs on the amps? Does it even Cancel out the remote bass knob for the sub amp? So do i run a RCA for each out put of my Hu like Sub, Front, Rear, to each Input on the EQ? or would i just run one set of RCAs out of the Hu to the Main Input on the EQ then run seperate RCAS to each amp, like Sub to Sub Amp, Front To Fronts Amp? does it give you better sound and control? thanks

they can help you or hurt you if you don't know how to set them properly...and most people don't know how //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
It's too much to get into IMO unless you want absolutely perfect SQ.

A yes are having eqs worth it? like does it help any? im looking at the CLARION EQS746 eq, Im not sure how you hook these up but if someone could help me i would appreciate it? does having one of these cancel out the eq on the hu and the eqs on the amps? Does it even Cancel out the remote bass knob for the sub amp? So do i run a RCA for each out put of my Hu like Sub, Front, Rear, to each Input on the EQ? or would i just run one set of RCAs out of the Hu to the Main Input on the EQ then run seperate RCAS to each amp, like Sub to Sub Amp, Front To Fronts Amp? does it give you better sound and control? thanks
External EQ's dont cancel anything, just makes the signal better by "Cleaning" it up. Bass knob is just like a bass volume, it's not really an EQ. Yes, they do give you better sound control. You can adjust things to your liking. Just dont get a cheap EQ. Not sure how to hook up your specific brand but in general, you need that signal to pass throught it right? So hook up sub RCA out to the EQ in, the from EQ out to amp in. Power and ground and remote turn out just like amp.

EDIT: Same thing for a mids/highs amp but use the corresponding out from the HU.

they can help you or hurt you if you don't know how to set them properly...and most people don't know how //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
X2, or you can get it set by a professional. I used to use one but not anymore. Too complicated to adjust for me.

30 band parametric EQ's can be had for

Helps as much as you know how to use it! Ideally you'll use it to tame peaks rather than boost weak spots. Weak spots are typically phase issues / standing waves and boosting the frequencies will only strain equipment and add distortion. Re-thinking install location/aiming or more advanced processing would be needed to fix those sorts of problems.

ok but does the eqs having like 7 volt outputs, will that help with the power?
Not sure, like I said b4...too complicated for me. Talk with the sales rep tech for that product or talk with someone with more knowledge about external EQ's.

With my setup, it was night and day once I adjusted everything. Especially after I used an RTA; God, that REALLY made a difference!

My EQ is built into my HU (16 band). I'd actually like to get an external one at some point.

With my setup, it was night and day once I adjusted everything. Especially after I used an RTA; God, that REALLY made a difference!
My EQ is built into my HU (16 band). I'd actually like to get an external one at some point.
What headunit?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.