distorted music and weird noises

Participant count
  • Participant list

Divvy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Norway
Hello! today i connected some new speakers to my car, ive never used the amplifier aswell. when it was all done i switched the head unit on and the amp turned on aswell, but there was a heavy buzzing noise. i still tried to play some music, but the audio was heavily distorted. when i press the gass pedal the speakers make a whining noise. i did some googling and found a quick fix for this where you twine some unisolated wire around the rca output on the head unit and ground it to a screw. this made the whining noise and buzzing go away, but the audio was still distorted. (does this mean that the head unit has bad grounding? i really dont feel comfortable with such a bodged setup on the rear of my headunit)
the only speakers connected right now are two midwoofers and two tweeters in the front doors, so im also wondering if sombody got an idea why the speakers are distorting? ive tried: moving the rca cables, checking connections, testing other speakers, reconnecting battery and checked fuses.
the car is an audi b7 2006, headunit is a pioneer deh-1700ub, amplifier is a DLS-p44 and component set is GZRC 165 Anniversary-25
serious suggestions are much appreciated! :)

Something is definitely wrong there. You need to test the amp with a different signals source and RCA's to see if it's the amp itself or the signal the amp is getting, and then go from there. Check your crossovers on the amp, radio and what kind of crossovers do the speakers themselves have?

Something is definitely wrong there. You need to test the amp with a different signals source and RCA's to see if it's the amp itself or the signal the amp is getting, and then go from there. Check your crossovers on the amp, radio and what kind of crossovers do the speakers themselves have?
forgot to update, turned out the amp drew ground from the headunit thru the rca cables and burned the headunit internally, cleaned the amp ground and installed a new headunit and sound is clean now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.