Difference between Marine batteries vs Car batteries?

Participant count
  • Participant list

John Doe

CarAudio.com Regular
Just something I’ve always been curious of.

What are the differences between a “Marine” battery vs Car batteries? I see a Dakota 12V Lithium (LiFePo4) 100Ah for $900 compared to brands like Limitless’ 25Ah at about $800.
I’m sure there has to be a reason I haven’t seen anyone run any despite usually seeing higher Ah marines being cheaper than the Car batteries.

Those Dakota Lifepo4s can not be used for car audio. They have a low discharge/charge rate. They are designed for low amperage draws for a long period of time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

According to the Taramps site, there are three variants: TARAMPS SMART3 BASS 1 CHANNEL 3000 WATTS RMS 0.5 ~ 2 OHMS CAR AUDIO AMPLIFIER. TARAMPS...
I can hear the difference. A typical component system will have a superior tweeter and crossover, although I've noticed component crossovers are...
Just thought I'd quickly update this thread as it's been a long while since I promised an update, I finally checked the AC output of the speaker...
Lower the ohm the thicker the wire. The higher the ohm the thinner the wire but will have more windings. Lower ohm coils have a slight edge when...

About this thread

John Doe

CarAudio.com Regular
John Doe
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
John Doe