Did I ruin my amp

avante

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I was installing my subs and amp(kicker cxa1800), I wasn't paying attention and I put my power cable in ground and ground cable in power on amp, it started smoking and making a popping sound every few seconds, I dcd my battery as soon as I heard it, but now, when I try to use it, the green light comes on, but there's no output.

So I was installing my subs and amp(kicker cxa1800), I wasn't paying attention and I put my power cable in ground and ground cable in power on amp, it started smoking and making a popping sound every few seconds, I dcd my battery as soon as I heard it, but now, when I try to use it, the green light comes on, but there's no output.

You smoked the power supply. Too bad kicker didn't put a sacrificial diode across the Terminals, would have prevented this.

OOC: were you running a fuse?

Want to sell the dead amp? I'm always down to buy blown amps. If it isn't too badly blown up I could repair it for you too...but I'd need to poke around in it first.

Ya man. Thats No Good. As Stated. More than likely blew the power supply. I had an amplifier behind a rear truck seat and I forgot about the seatbelt behind it for the middle passenger, and one day it bounced around once too many and finally connected and stuck to the Power connection, and blew a one week old $1k amp. Beautiful light show at night on the freeway doing 75😒

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...