Design Questions for (2) 10" Adire Brahma mk1's in 2.0 Cubic Ft @ 30 Hz Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participants list

shr3ds

of Flesh
(2) Adire Brahma 10 mk1's
JBL Powervalve 1200.1

A little background on this setup...

I originally had this setup in a 99 Dodge Intrepid over 15 years ago, it then migrated to an 02 Stratus R/T Coupe where it stayed (working) until I pulled it last year to finally sell that car. The box had a gross volume of 2.69 cu. ft., however when I take away the volume of the sub motor structures, port size and bracing structure, the volume comes out to a clean 2 cu. ft. for the 2 drivers to share. I was powering this the entire time with a JBL Powervalve 1200.1 that spec'd out to 1427 watts@2 ohms on the birth sheet. It's also worth mentioning that I've got a couple in-line RCA subsonic filters @ 25hz just before the amp. This setup sounded good, but it has been years since I dipped my toes into the box designing process and want to make sure that I am maximizing the potential of these drivers since I want to build a newer, prettier enclosure for it.

I am in the process of migrating that old sub setup to a Saturn Outlook (with a new deck and amped component setup), that has an absolutely huge area to work with, so sizing should not be an issue. I mostly listen to multiple genres of metal along with some hardcore techno and am mostly interested in SQ.

Does this box design sound solid to those that know more about box construction than I do?

Can anyone offer a better design for the power, drivers and music that I listen to?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
@Buck is the designer you want to talk to on this. He can provide a full design with blueprints and what not. He asks a ton of questions and takes all of that into consideration when designing any box.

Thanks Coolhand, I've seen him post around here quite a bit and hope that he sees this so that I can get some insight from him about the box design.

Next I gotta figure out how to route the 'big 3' alternator power wire upgrade with a battery that is in the passenger compartment....

Thanks Coolhand, I've seen him post around here quite a bit and hope that he sees this so that I can get some insight from him about the box design.

Next I gotta figure out how to route the 'big 3' alternator power wire upgrade with a battery that is in the passenger compartment....

Email me all of your system info to: buck.box.designs@gmail.com

Only if you want to, of course. I can try to dissect some of this for you, see what you're thinking of doing, potentially. Just let me know.

I really want a Brahma for myself. I did a pair of t-line towers for someone for two of the 12's. While designing that, I really sort of fell in favor with the Brahmas. I think they may be one of the better daily-SQ style woofers that's out. Maybe along the lines of JL, maybe comparable to a W7 or similar.

Email me all of your system info to: buck.box.designs@gmail.com

Only if you want to, of course. I can try to dissect some of this for you, see what you're thinking of doing, potentially. Just let me know.

Thanks Buck!

I will send an email over to you in a bit, complete with plans for the box that I laid out years ago....the same one that I built originally and that lasted for all these years. The email will be coming from a yahoo address, so it may end up in your SPAM folder.

Thanks Buck!

I will send an email over to you in a bit, complete with plans for the box that I laid out years ago....the same one that I built originally and that lasted for all these years. The email will be coming from a yahoo address, so it may end up in your SPAM folder.

Noted. Thanks for telling me that, I've had that issue some, absolutely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...