Design Needed for 2 Sundown Audio E-12v3(D4) with a Slot Port

Participant count
  • Participant list

firey_kimchi
10+ year member

Vehicle : JDM 2000 Nissan X-Trail (equivalent to a Nissan Pathfinder)

Location in the vehicle: SUV trunk/hatch area

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 20 x 38 x 20

Subwoofer make and model: Sundown Audio E-12v3

Subwoofer Size: 12

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot

What type of music do you like?: Reggae/Rap/Hip Hop

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: A little bit of both...loud/low.

Tuning Freq (Hz): 33 - 35Hz

Volume: Manufacturer's recommended volume is 1.75cu/ft @ 35Hz so I'm guessing 3 - 3.5 cu/ft for 2 subs(?).

Question: Since the Fs is 36.6Hz, can the enclosure even be tuned to 33 - 35Hz?

Hello. I'm looking for some help designing/building a ported enclosure for a friend's 2 Sundown E-12v3 subs. I haven't been able to find much info on E-Series enclosures or build logs using more than 1 12" E-Series subs. The pre-fab box he has them in now is too small (1.36cu/ft per sub tuned to 36Hz). You can hear the port noise. I'm not new to building enclosures but new to building ported ones. I've built several sealed enclosures but all the ported ones, I've had pre-designed plans that I followed (SSA Dcons and SSA Icons). My friend's amp is an Ignite Audio R3000/1D (~1000W @1). I'm stationed in Japan and the wood I'll be using is 18mm (.70") MDF. He wants a double baffle with subs and port back.

Here are the specs for the E-Series 12v3(D4):
Fs: 36.6Hz
Vas: 30.8L
Qes: 0.53
Qms: 4.58
Qts: 0.47
Le: 3.59mH
BL: 24.4
Mms: 224g
Cms: 0.08uM/N
Sensitivity: 86.4db @ 1w/1m
Displacement: .12cu/ft
Depth: 6.5"
Outside Diameter: 12.25"
Cutout: 11.125"

I have a Mac so I can't use Windows based programs (WinISD, etc). I would also like to get a cut sheet if it's not too much trouble. If you need any more info, please let me know. Thank you!

Vehicle : JDM 2000 Nissan X-Trail (equivalent to a Nissan Pathfinder)

Location in the vehicle: SUV trunk/hatch area

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 20 x 38 x 20

Subwoofer make and model: Sundown Audio E-12v3

Subwoofer Size: 12

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot

What type of music do you like?: Reggae/Rap/Hip Hop

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: A little bit of both...loud/low.

Tuning Freq (Hz): 33 - 35Hz

Volume: Manufacturer's recommended volume is 1.75cu/ft @ 35Hz so I'm guessing 3 - 3.5 cu/ft for 2 subs(?).

Question: Since the Fs is 36.6Hz, can the enclosure even be tuned to 33 - 35Hz?

Hello. I'm looking for some help designing/building a ported enclosure for a friend's 2 Sundown E-12v3 subs. I haven't been able to find much info on E-Series enclosures or build logs using more than 1 12" E-Series subs. The pre-fab box he has them in now is too small (1.36cu/ft per sub tuned to 36Hz). You can hear the port noise. I'm not new to building enclosures but new to building ported ones. I've built several sealed enclosures but all the ported ones, I've had pre-designed plans that I followed (SSA Dcons and SSA Icons). My friend's amp is an Ignite Audio R3000/1D (~1000W @1). I'm stationed in Japan and the wood I'll be using is 18mm (.70") MDF. He wants a double baffle with subs and port back.

Here are the specs for the E-Series 12v3(D4):
Fs: 36.6Hz
Vas: 30.8L
Qes: 0.53
Qms: 4.58
Qts: 0.47
Le: 3.59mH
BL: 24.4
Mms: 224g
Cms: 0.08uM/N
Sensitivity: 86.4db @ 1w/1m
Displacement: .12cu/ft
Depth: 6.5"
Outside Diameter: 12.25"
Cutout: 11.125"

I have a Mac so I can't use Windows based programs (WinISD, etc). I would also like to get a cut sheet if it's not too much trouble. If you need any more info, please let me know. Thank you!

Try this...
Ou5GVy.jpg

Cu1FBP.jpg

GdJZcF.jpg

nV4GOI.jpg

.7" materials and all... good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.