Deleting Door Panel Pockets?

Participant count
  • Participants list

UnderFire
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Anyone ever done a door pocket delete on door panels? I want to wrap the factory door panels in black vinyl, but don't need or want the pocket in there and it will just make it a pain to wrap them. Any tips on how to chop the pockets out preferably without glassing?

if you were to cut them out, what's behind them...will it stay solid without the pocket?

Dremel to cut it off, then sand it down smooth to blend in with the panel.

If you cut it off, whatever is left isn't always going to blend in with the panel

Anyone ever done a door pocket delete on door panels? I want to wrap the factory door panels in black vinyl, but don't need or want the pocket in there and it will just make it a pain to wrap them. Any tips on how to chop the pockets out preferably without glassing?
my door pockets are held in by screws. So I can remove mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if you were to cut them out, what's behind them...will it stay solid without the pocket?Dremel to cut it off, then sand it down smooth to blend in with the panel.

If you cut it off, whatever is left isn't always going to blend in with the panel
mine on my g6 would look terrible lol

I would suggest removing them, and glassing in the remaining area man.
Yea, I figured I would, I'll learn to glass then. I think I'll just fill in the hole since I'm wrapping the whole thing anyways, should look pretty good.

Must be a german thing...
nope. Because every bmw we have the pockets are part of the door. Its just my jetta that the door pocket is removable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif which is my sound car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.