Deciding on what type of bigger amp to put in my personal system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

DarthKuruptios

CarAudio.com Newbie
Tucson
I have been needing to get a new amplifier in my personal system for a while. Currently I am using a MRP-F550 Alpine V-Power amplifier, which when bridged only outputs 250Wx2 Maximum at 4 Ohms, and is only 4 Ohm stable. I have been wanting to get a monoblock Amp but I am having a hard time deciding with what type and what brand to go with. I am unsure if I should put an AB type or D-Class mono in my system. I know that I want it to be at LEAST a 2000w maximum RMS at 1 Ohm stable at a minimum, like the highfonics ZRX1816.1D Zues. I am open to the idea of a monoblock that has more than one channel (False Monoblock) Amp, though I would prefer a single channel Amp. But I have also been looking at the Audiobahn A8000V or A16000V AB type monoblock. It may help to decide if the next but, but probably not final, step for the system is. I want power similar to that of Rockford Fosgate 12" P|3 600w rms subs. I have been toying with either getting two 12" subs of maybe going with two more 10" subs, with similar or more power than my JL 10w3v2-D4 sub. I want to have it all wired in Parallel, to keep the Ohms low, Preferably 2 Ohm or lower, maybe down to 1/2 Ohm. In which case a 1/3 ohm stable Amp would be necessary. Any information on the pros and cons for the amp types, and how many channels there are, would be awesome! And amp suggestions would be awesome as well.

Well you are going to need to figure out what subwoofers you are going to run first. Then figure out an amp. Class A/B or anything other than a monoblock would not be a good idea.

Running at .5 ohm would require some electrical upgrades for sure.

I have been needing to get a new amplifier in my personal system for a while. Currently I am using a MRP-F550 Alpine V-Power amplifier, which when bridged only outputs 250Wx2 Maximum at 4 Ohms, and is only 4 Ohm stable. I have been wanting to get a monoblock Amp but I am having a hard time deciding with what type and what brand to go with. I am unsure if I should put an AB type or D-Class mono in my system. I know that I want it to be at LEAST a 2000w maximum RMS at 1 Ohm stable at a minimum, like the highfonics ZRX1816.1D Zues. I am open to the idea of a monoblock that has more than one channel (False Monoblock) Amp, though I would prefer a single channel Amp. But I have also been looking at the Audiobahn A8000V or A16000V AB type monoblock. It may help to decide if the next but, but probably not final, step for the system is. I want power similar to that of Rockford Fosgate 12" P|3 600w rms subs. I have been toying with either getting two 12" subs of maybe going with two more 10" subs, with similar or more power than my JL 10w3v2-D4 sub. I want to have it all wired in Parallel, to keep the Ohms low, Preferably 2 Ohm or lower, maybe down to 1/2 Ohm. In which case a 1/3 ohm stable Amp would be necessary. Any information on the pros and cons for the amp types, and how many channels there are, would be awesome! And amp suggestions would be awesome as well.
Id say get a other 10w3v2 and build a proper custom ported box and you should get pretty damn loud.
Hifonics and audiobahn is complete trash, not even close to 1.2k rms id suggest looking at amps that pass certified tests on the amp dyno on youtube.

But seriously, the box is what gets you loud. I got some old school JLs in a setup on 100 watts total that can flex the windshield and move good air... On 100 watts!!!!! Louder than or loud as most guys on 1000watts+ amps.

another JL 10w3 with a JL 1000 watt amp (I have tried a few other amps but JL amp sounds far better on the JL subs....go figure)

I have 2 10w3v3 subs on a JX1000 in a custom slot port and sounds phenomenal and is plenty loud or too loud in my truck for the masses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.