DC AUDIO XL reviews? TL #'s? PICS? Advice?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nissanrider06
10+ year member

VooDoo
Eagan, MN
Hey all looking for any info you guys got on the DC XL's speciffically the 15"... Rutsy says put em in a 3.5 cube box and i was gonna tune around 33hz for the lows, and then I was going to make a 2.8 cube box with a 8" aero in both boxes tuned to 48 hz in my 2 dr blaze for SPL!

Anyways DC AUDIO XL reviews? TL #'s? PICS? Advice? Speciffically the signle 15" suB!

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the "other" forum, they have more detailed easier to find info on the 15. And I think you are goin the wrong way with your box for spl. What rusty recommended to you is perfect for comps. Tuning to 48 would be easy if you made a port insert. Same box, just up the tune.

Also it will handle huge power. I would slap 2500 on it daily and 5k burps.

At the last comp I went to, a guy had a LVL4 XL 12 on a Brutus 2010d and he only did like 139, on music tho...Maybe the install just didnt optimize the sub, but I felt that it should have been louder

Yeah, it is all in box design, you can make almost anything loud. Poor box = poor numbers. You can make a 99z sub hit a 120 in the wrong box, or a 160 in the right box.

^ I didnt realize the XLs could handle so much power. Maybe the Brutus just couldnt push it hard enough. And a box/install issue is always a factor

Yea I am going to just do a straight port to the side and put some extra pieces of wood in there for daily and take them out for comps and I will test maybe bringing it down to 3 cubes but ya i didnt mean 2.3 thanks guys keep em coming, anyone here any or have something to compare them to?

Great subs. I would say stay between 3-3.5 per and you will be fine. As fas as power goes, as much as you can afford. I am currently running an american bass 1100.1 on my 4 and they are fine. Will be adding a second amp soon. They sound amazing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.