DAzed and Confused

Participant count
  • Participant list

redrummy

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Hi all..So i have some ?'s i need sorted out and really would appreciate any and all help..I have a 13'Accord sport with the factory HU and I m currently trying to incorporate a lc7i into the mix with a 4 ch zapco amp and a sub ..Now i also have an audison dsp but i jus wanted to get the sound working first then go back and tune it with the dsp..So my question is this..in the front doors i have a mid and a tweet hooked up to the passive crossover that came with the morel components.just in the front in the rears i also am running them threough said crossover but no tweets..So with the lc7i and that setup i should jus run the fronts to the main channel the rears to ch 2 and then the 3rd ch would be the sub ch correct?so no summing would be needed or would it..also about the wiring..i jus want to take each speaker wire coming from the crossover and go straight into the lc7icorrect..then make the proper rca connection from lc7i to aftermaket amp..no speaker wires would be need to connect to the speaker level inputs on the amp right..for sum reason i keep thinking i need to have the rcas connected between LOC and amp and i need to connect each speaker to the amp also at the speaker level inputs? but that wouldnt work would it..thxxxxxxxxx

I think you're confused or stating it improperly. You need 2 channels per pair of speakers to have left/right stereo output. You can't put both doors on one channel and still have left/right separation

ok u got me i most definately was explaining it wrong..ive done this before with an aftermarket HU not too long ago but i wanted all my features back with my factory radio..So anyhow where im not processing for some reason is i have my L+ and R+ coming from the front doors out of a passive crossover and where before it would connect to the speaker connections on the amp now the LCI7 is involved so i connect each L+ R- from each door to the main channel ov the LCI7 isnt that correct..or are u saying that each door is its own channel so i would have 2 channels from the fronts therefore i couldnt hook 2 channels on one input i would have seperate them..whats confusing me is how to wire the LCI7 up..i thought i could jus take the 2 sp3eakers from each front door panel hook them up to the main channel and do the same thing for the 2 rear speakers and connect them to the 2nd channel on the LCI7 and then for my sub i had the 3rd channel..cause it has 6 inputs and gives u what 7 or 8 outputs..so is that not how u seperate the channels or are u saying that the driver side door speaker is one channel and the passenger is another channel i kno that..but what i dont kno is how that ties in with the LOC..so u got all my info what im trying to accomplish right..So tell me how to wire the 4 speakers to the LC7i and to my 4 channel amp..cause obviously im stumped..But thx for your response..i really appreciate it..i can do the install i just overcomplicate things at times so i thought i should reach out for help

ok i was rereading your response..before i had 4 channel amp where i seperated each channel..bu tim adding that LOC into the foray..so should that change anything with my setup..i mean can the LC7i be used for what im wanting to do..now i do have speaker level inputs on my amp so instead of using a LOC should i have just used those speaker level inputs on the amp instead..Ill wait for your reply

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.