Dayton dsp 408 question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
I am not looking for perfection
I know the dsp is limited with 10 bands vs others at 31

My question is. The Dayton only has an output of just under 3 volts before clipping

With proper amp gain setup is 3 volts enough to get good sound qualify

I am not looking for perfection
I know the dsp is limited with 10 bands vs others at 31

My question is. The Dayton only has an output of just under 3 volts before clipping

With proper amp gain setup is 3 volts enough to get good sound qualify

Yes

Your amps should produce the same sq from 0v-whatever max input is.

Remember when the volume is low RCA voltage is to. It's a low voltage analog signal.

High RCA voltage is good for resisting noise but that shouldn't be needed with good install techniques.

Yes

Your amps should produce the same sq from 0v-whatever max input is.

Remember when the volume is low RCA voltage is to. It's a low voltage analog signal.

High RCA voltage is good for resisting noise but that shouldn't be needed with good install techniques.

You don't care if you have 2v or 5v pre-outs?

Last edited:
Some people make to big of a deal about high voltage rcas. I had a pioneer head unit with smart sync ( 31 band eq, crossovers TA etc ). I replaced it with another Pioneer head unit, with the only differences were 4 volt outputs and different display colors. After applying the same settings and resetting the amplifier gains, the sound was exactly the same. The higher voltage rca’s made absolutely no difference in the sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...