Damn cold *****!

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Not bad the past couple days. We have Power on now. I had very little to no power for a couple days. The 3rd day I finally decided to run one of my Generators. Did very well for me. Kept it up to 63 in one room sealed off Kept water trickling entre time. Got most my Camping gear out to cook on. Small Propane cans. Had couple for back ups, approx.20 of the 4hr, logs left, burnt maybe 6 of those, used about 30 gallons of gas for generator. Still have it ready to go.Just in case. I think it got down to like -11* or so for couple days with wind blowing pretty good during the Storm. Has to make a couple Beer runs. I had two 5 gallon water coolers full f emergency water for drinking stocked food supply. All good ATM. Just outside of Dallas East.

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Regular
Sep 11, 2020
Ky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well the summertime humidity here is almost unbearable sometimes. I’ll actually start sweating just walking to the car. You can’t do anything while the sun is out. You’ll pass out 😭
Yeah I've heard about the Houston humidity down there I was remembering the good old days when I used to hang out around San Antonio and north of there where it's a lot less humidity. where I'm from in Florida it gets pretty humid but nothing is worse than this Kentucky swamp in August! Seems like here we have to endure the cold Winters and the humidity, boo!!! I might just move on back down to Florida where I'm from eventually.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
This has opened my eyes to prep much better from now on. We got lucky with our power and water.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
Jun 28, 2011
USA
This has opened my eyes to prep much better from now on. We got lucky with our power and water.
Deff doesnt hurt to have some kind of Prep needs in case of any type of Emergencies, even just the basics to get you bye for at the least of 2 weeks for an individual

Reactions: Clifff150

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
My fat ass eats all the "hurricane" food....:cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: audiobaun

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
I'm from fort Walton Beach and really miss it!!!! Got lots of family in the Sunshine State can't wait to go visit again got a grandbaby being born in a couple months I'm excited!!!
Think I might go on and order those prv mb400 mids you recommended, might do 4 8s because I can't fit the two 12-in MTX RTXs because they're too big. I'll get back out there tomorrow and try to figure something out with them again and if not I will get the prvs.
Been to FWB dozens of times. The gulf is my favorite part of Florida

Reactions: Kybasshead75

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Annnnnnnd the lawsuits have started. I don’t understand why we as a people think power, water, etc is a right and not a privilege. Everyone thinks there should never be a hiccup in life and everything should always work as they want. So sick of it.

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
ND
I don't understand the te
Annnnnnnd the lawsuits have started. I don’t understand why we as a people think power, water, etc is a right and not a privilege. Everyone thinks there should never be a hiccup in life and everything should always work as they want. So sick of it.
We eat tide pods and put glue in our hair. Some people are just dumb. You can only control yourself.

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Regular
Sep 11, 2020
Ky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Been to FWB dozens of times. The gulf is my favorite part of Florida
It really is a great spot I'm thinking about moving back down because real estate is so much cheaper in that area than South Florida plus nowhere near as cold as KY up here and all my best friends are dead now

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
High 70's yesterday. In the 50's today. High 70's the next two days. A week ago it dropped down into the teens. Georgia weather is more bipolar than the crazy chicks I be f*cking with.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Cool, cloudy, and windy tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help 2
S General Discussion 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 19)

• Kickstand
  • Clifff150
  • metalheadjoe
  • K
  • M
  • MattinMO

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds