D1 Zv5 15 or 2 D4 sa 12s

Participant count
  • Participants list

SunUpNeverdown

Support starving audiophiles in America
I’m stuck deciding if I wanna run the zv5 15 I have that’s dual 1 ohm at .5 ohm on my saz 3500 v1 or pick up these 2 sa 12 dual 4s and run at 1 ohm. I have all 0 gauge. Big 3. 390 alternator.And 2 data safe 119ah agm batteries. And a fan to cool the amp. Which way would u go?

But Jacob said even with the right electrical a sundown amp won’t last more than 5 years on a .5 ohm load. Would this bother anybody or just say bump it if the amp kaputs then send it to the amp lab?

You know the risks, so what are your goals? The Amp is certified for 1 Ohm, if you run @ .5 it will be louder/lower on the 15 (in the right enclosure) but you're adding additional stress to the Amp which could cause it to fail. Can you afford to replace it if it fails? If you can replace it then run it, if not then maybe reconsider your subs to run something the Amp is certified for but know that 2 SA's will probably not perform at the same level as the ZV5. No one else can make this decision for you because its based solely on what you can afford to do. If I had the room for a ZV5, I'd sell the D1 and buy a D2 to run it at 1 Ohm. But that's me and I don't run my amps beyond their certified rating. Many others here do and if an amp lets go they just replace it.

I would have no problem running that amp at .5. They are stout amps and should be perfectly fine at half ohm. You could always sell it and get a Taramps Bass 8k and run it at .5 or an MD8000 and run it at 2 ohms.

I would have no problem running that amp at .5. They are stout amps and should be perfectly fine at half ohm. You could always sell it and get a Taramps Bass 8k and run it at .5 or an MD8000 and run it at 2 ohms.
Did you know that Taramps is coming out with a constant power amp ? Crazy the stuff they’re doing at the price points they sell at

Yep. Smart 3 amp. 👍

3k at 1 and 2 ohms.
.5 stable
4v input friendly.
1/0 inputs.
47EABCCF-4B77-4E73-A4E5-F1B1762F816C.png

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.