cutting holes in door panels?

Ryde _Or_Die
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tampa, FL
I already ordered my components and am planning on installing the woofer in the doors and the tweeter on the top part of door panel(95 explorer) where it will actually face the passengers. Now this part of the panel is some sort of plastic. Is there a certain bit I should get to do this? Anything I need to know ahead of time or look out for? I've never done this before obviously. The components I bought are the CDTs with 3/4" tweeters. What size hole should I drill out? I can just drill a hole right? I don't need to use a jig saw or anything right?

too good to ask on TR? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif j/k is there vynl where you want to mount them or just plastic?l

My door panels have leather on them but not where I want to put the tweeters. Its at the very top above the power mirror switch(if you know an explorers int.)

Oh and about the TR thing; theres not too many people on there and I seem to have over-asked too many questions, lol.

My door panels have leather on them but not where I want to put the tweeters. Its at the very top above the power mirror switch(if you know an explorers int.)

Oh and about the TR thing; theres not too many people on there and I seem to have over-asked too many questions, lol.

If its just plastic you can just use a holesaw or spade bit slowly.. make sure youre using the right size.. last thing you want is to have a hole too big.

I think theres a bunch of knowledgeable people on tr... who try to answer all the questiosn.. but a lot of times the is x better than y questions are all subjective..

I'm definitely going to take off the door panels. But I'll be sure to go slow to be sure nothing melts. Can I mist water or something on there maybe to cool it off so it doesn't melt? So use a hole saw bit? Anyone know what size I need for a 3/4" CDT tweeter?

well the plastic shoudl cut fairly easy so it shoudlnt melt, i dont think misting water would help much... youre gonna have to meausre the tweeter mounting cup for the size

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.