Cut a hole in my truck?

misterio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
texas
I really want a loud system in my reg cab f-150 so im thinking about cutting a hole in the back of the cab and in the front of the bed and making a box kind of hang out a little on the bed of the truck, then seal it off. that way i don't have to worry about mounting depth and airspace cuz i could make the box as big as i needed it. I was thinking about buying some kind of RE sub. any thing bad about doing this to my truck? its probably been done before.

I did it to one of my trucks a long time ago. Probably the worst mistake you can do if it is a daily driver vehicle. It is heard to get a good seal to keep any water from leaking in and if you decide to have the bed perminatly attatched to the cab then the bed will not be able to twist when driving over bumps or a rough road causing the bed to slowly seperate toward the rear. It will also make the cab an bed weaker since it will have a big portion of it missing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.