Custom Raspberry Pi Head Unit Amplifier Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

jpbrooks

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all,

I am aware that this is an out of ordinary post for this forum, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am building a custom, Raspberry Pi (small single board computer) based head unit for my 2005 Ford F-150. It will run a custom software called OpenAuto Pro, and outputs all audio through a USB soundcard. I can choose any USB soundcard that I want, but I am currently using a UGREEN USB audio adapter, which has the 3.5mm headphone and microphone jack. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N905VOY/?tag=caraudiocom-20)

Like I said, I am not married to this particular soundcard.

I need to power 4x Sony XS-FB1330 speakers in my vehicle. They are rated at: RMS 35W, Peak 240W and Impedance of 4 ohms.

I need an amplifier to run these speakers. I am looking for something with a small form factor, that can fit inside the factory radio "hole". (I attached a picture of what I am talking about.) Preferably it would be (roughly) the same size as a Raspberry Pi 4

I do not need exceedingly superb sound quality. I just want an amplifier that can supply enough power for my current setup, is small enough to fit behind the dash, is safe and reliable, and sounds decent. I was thinking something like a board/amp that would come in an aftermarket head unit. Small and reliable.

Absolutely any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• radio_before.jpg
    radio_before.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 72
Most of the big names are now making amps geared toward "power sports." Motorcycles, side by sides, etc. The amps i've seen are small, simple (both in features and wiring), and waterproof. I haven't been able to hear any of them in a decent install so I can't say how the sound quality is. I'm a ddaudio fanboy but all the big names make at least a 4 channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...