custom enclosure?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nemesismachine
10+ year member

im looking for a custom enclosure for my 93 civic. I want 2 12" MMATS juggernauts in the spare tire well, but im not sure if theres enough space in there for em to fire. has anyone any suggestions? i like the look of the subs in there, and with my amps on the sides of the trunk i still have plenty of trunk space.

Well sir. You could take everything out of your spare tire well. And fill it up with packing peanuts to find the volume. You may have to build a false floor to gain some airspace for your subs though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks, ill try that tonight. as for the install, what works best? MDF? ive seen a few that i like, with the amps on the side and the subs in the well. nobody knows about em though. im not too good with fiberglass. if i try it, will it support the juggys? and not crack?

Use MDF for the baffle. And fiberglass the tire well. Build a square frame around the edge of the tirewell with some 2" x 2" stock. That way you will have an easy way to attach the baffle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nah go ahead and bring the resined mat over the wood, and glass the frame to your fiberglass tub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.