Custom A Pillar or Coaxial? '05 Civic

Participant count
  • Participant list

bleezy408

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey you guys I'm new here first time poster and had a quick question. I am planning on upgrading my girls audio soon in her 2005 Honda Civic lx sedan and am torn between ordering a good set of Coaxial speakers or taking the long route and getting custom A pillars made at a local shop to fit 2 way components. I feel like off top components would be the obvious better choice but custom fab would probably run atleast 600 from what I've read online. Would all the extra work to go 2 way really make a huge difference over coaxial? For reference I would plan on installing Hertz CK 165f's for 2 way or Hertz CPX 165 for coaxial.

Also as a bonus question from what I've read online all civic coupes come with tweeters mounted in the door panels while the sedans do not. Does anyone know if the door panel from a couple would fit on a sedan? I know I would have to get a crossover so additional parts would be required but that is okay. Thanks again!

Also as a bonus question from what I've read online all civic coupes come with tweeters mounted in the door panels while the sedans do not.
I was going to chime in that my brother's 02 has tweeters built into the A pillar from the factory and it's not a terrible location. I do not believe 600$ into just custom tweeter pods is going to be a good investment. No reason you couldn't just cut a hole in that area and flush mount whatever you buy.
As far as what fits as far as which door panels into which body style I'm sure a civic parts site or forum would have a fast answer there. Luckily civic has enough of a community of modders that that should be easy to figure out (though parts aren't cheap).
All that said, we bought the Q-Forms kick panels for my brother's car and they're really great. 250$ ish and worth every penny. For what it's worth anybody charging you 600$ for GOOD quality custom fiberglass panels is earning every penny of it. It's nasty and tedious work which is why I always recommend the Q-forms kicks if you can get them for your make/model.

Hey you guys I'm new here first time poster and had a quick question. I am planning on upgrading my girls audio soon in her 2005 Honda Civic lx sedan and am torn between ordering a good set of Coaxial speakers or taking the long route and getting custom A pillars made at a local shop to fit 2 way components. I feel like off top components would be the obvious better choice but custom fab would probably run atleast 600 from what I've read online. Would all the extra work to go 2 way really make a huge difference over coaxial? For reference I would plan on installing Hertz CK 165f's for 2 way or Hertz CPX 165 for coaxial.

Also as a bonus question from what I've read online all civic coupes come with tweeters mounted in the door panels while the sedans do not. Does anyone know if the door panel from a couple would fit on a sedan? I know I would have to get a crossover so additional parts would be required but that is okay. Thanks again!

What kind of bass will your mids/highs have to keep up with? If it's not a tremendous amount of bass then a nice set of coaxials should be fine. Look at the Infinity Kappa's or JBL's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...