CT sounds????

Participant count
  • Participant list

Timbo74

CarAudio.com Regular
Looking at a CT 1500.1D.....it looks nice, what do you think?
With this amp I could put 750w to my type r, on a 2 ohm load, instead of the 500w, my m500 does.
I have a 1st gen type r 12 btw.
Will it be worth it?
The main reason I’m thinking about this, is an upgrade path.

Well, unfortunately, the 1400.1d is outa my price range right now, I pulled the trigger right before you guys answered the thread.
If I don’t like it, I will go another route in the future.
But I did read a lot of good reviews, before I ordered it. It should be better then the Alpine, and now if I want to install a 2nd 12, I can.

Get a 1400.1
I’m taking your advise, I’m sending the ct1500.1d back for store credit, and paying the difference for the at1400.1d...as from the research I’ve done, it’s a much better amp.
I think the at is a Korean build, and the ct is a Chinese build, plus the at is under rated, where I’m not sure the ct will do rated power. I know the ct was cheap, and it shows, everything from the terminals, to the gain remote screams cheap walmart special! The at class is double the price, but from what I’ve seen, it’s worth it!

Naw, I’m just gonna eat it, I know myself...I won’t be happy with a lower model. I’m just gonna short myself for right now...it’ll be worth it.

Md is a taramps, at’s arent korean, they’re definitely beefier in build and rated output is at 12.8, ct line is 14.4.

Xtr1500 will outperform better than both those ct’s for $260 If a Brazilian isn’t on your list

Well, unfortunately, the 1400.1d is outa my price range right now, I pulled the trigger right before you guys answered the thread.
If I don’t like it, I will go another route in the future.
But I did read a lot of good reviews, before I ordered it. It should be better then the Alpine, and now if I want to install a 2nd 12, I can.
Personally I think you should have tried the ported enclosure to see if you like the difference over sealed 1st before throwing money at it. The difference in output might be enough for you even utilizing the Alpine amp. But hey... more power is usually a nice luxury and gives you room to expand in the future.

Md is a taramps, at’s arent korean, they’re definitely beefier in build and rated output is at 12.8, ct line is 14.4.

Xtr1500 will outperform better than both those ct’s for $260 If a Brazilian isn’t on your list
Well, ****! I already did the return, and requested, and was approved for store credit.
Next time
Well, ****! I already shipped the amp back for store credit. I guess the at1400.1 will have to do.
I probably should have looked at Taramps...but if there’s a next time, I will.
The AT1400.1 should do the trick, I would like to know what actual output would be @2 ohms, running 14.4 volts though.

Well, ****! I already did the return, and requested, and was approved for store credit.
Next time
Well, ****! I already shipped the amp back for store credit. I guess the at1400.1 will have to do.
The AT1400.1 should do the trick, I would like to know what actual output would be @2 ohms, running 14.4 volts though.

Next time

It certified at nearly 1700 at one ohm on 14.4 (car running). Based on the 300 watt delta from the 12.8 a non scientific guess is 900-1000 watts. When the dust settles That’s kind of an expensive 1000 watt amp

It certified at nearly 1700 at one ohm on 14.4 (car running). Based on the 300 watt delta from the 12.8 a non scientific guess is 900-1000 watts. When the dust settles That’s kind of an expensive 1000 watt amp

Says 700w rms @2ohm so it would be even less than that maybe?????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.