Crescendo pwx 10 in. Mids n super tweets?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Ky
I'm looking for some good meaty midbass response on bass guitar and upper drum frequencies and growling metal riffs. Midbass is important to me it looks like these can do that and their tweeters would match perfectly. I keep hearing their some of the better for this application.

I'm looking for some good meaty midbass response on bass guitar and upper drum frequencies and growling metal riffs. Midbass is important to me it looks like these can do that and their tweeters would match perfectly. I keep hearing their some of the better for this application.
Just make sure proper install. The 6.5s in my morel 3 way front stage are super punch, tuning and crossing them to blend perfectly with my subs the midbass in my setup is very pronounced and clean. I couldn't imagine the type of midbass you could get out of a 10 properly done. Make sure to feed enough power.

Just make sure proper install. The 6.5s in my morel 3 way front stage are super punch, tuning and crossing them to blend perfectly with my subs the midbass in my setup is very pronounced and clean. I couldn't imagine the type of midbass you could get out of a 10 properly done. Make sure to feed enough power.
Yeah I will have to figure out the right size sealed enclosure for those to get them to peak around maybe 80 to 120 HZ right above where the subs are. I've got a bunch of amps around probably going to use two of the pioneer full range class d digital 4 channels for my mids and highs.
they are rated anywhere from 125 to 500 RMS with a recommendation of 300 watts RMS with a 2.5 inch voice coil. I believe one of those amps bridged would produce 300 watts times two channel and wouldn't get too hot if I kept it fanned I just usually don't like running ants bridged as they do overheat that way.
I wonder what a good sealed box would be for them to peak around 100 to 120 HZ and I'll just go with about 300 RMS as crescendo recommends.
I'm good with power as I just had a mechman 320 amp alternator put on and got a 45 amp hour lithium battery on the way and running all fat wires front and back.

I've got some MTX RTX 12-in mid Bass and 4-in titanium horn tweeters as well I will test those out either way they're going to run on a three-way active crossover I'm sure it will be enough I've always heard such good things about the pwx's having that growled lower in the mid base spectrum and I like matching the same brand tweeters to the mids so they're in the same voice.
I'm thinking a 2.5-in coil should be able to handle 300 w RMS for the mids

I've got some MTX RTX 12-in mid Bass and 4-in titanium horn tweeters as well I will test those out either way they're going to run on a three-way active crossover I'm sure it will be enough I've always heard such good things about the pwx's having that growled lower in the mid base spectrum and I like matching the same brand tweeters to the mids so they're in the same voice.
I'm thinking a 2.5-in coil should be able to handle 300 w RMS for the mids
Shouldn't be an issue as long as tune properly. I'm pushing almost 200 rms each to my 6.5s and they could handle more no problem. There's some raw morel drivers on parts express I'm thinking about playing with, 6.5 mids with 3 inch voice coils. Also, don't worry so much about matching brands with active tuning since you can make the speakers sound however you want.

I ran 4 PWX 10s in my front doors before going to the UNs. They play pretty low with authority but do have a "warm" sound that I didn't exactly care for. I could have keep mine crossed at 63hz no problem on a Taramps DSP3k at 2 ohms. I don't care for the Crescendo FT1 tweeters personally. IDK if it's quality control issues or what but I had tons of problems with mine. But I also had quality control issues with my UN10s and their amps...

I ran 4 PWX 10s in my front doors before going to the UNs. They play pretty low with authority but do have a "warm" sound that I didn't exactly care for. I could have keep mine crossed at 63hz no problem on a Taramps DSP3k at 2 ohms. I don't care for the Crescendo FT1 tweeters personally. IDK if it's quality control issues or what but I had tons of problems with mine. But I also had quality control issues with my UN10s and their amps...
Damn four tens up front I'm sure they were loud enough 😲!!!!
If I'm guessing I probably would prefer a sharper tone I'm going to try out these MTX road thunder extreme 12 midbasses i just picked up for not much at all.

I've been hearing a lot of really good things about the new Orion b a m f 8 inch mids lately I believe there that XTR pro series or I could go with the neo Orion hcca mids as well.
I'll stick with the MTX road thunder extreme 4-in titanium horn tweeters as I just hooked them up and they are damn sure loud and sharp enough for my taste.( Rated for 200 w RMS and 102 decibel sensitivity)
What would you recommend for really sharp and thick mid bass response I'm open to about anything as I want to do this install right and can make room to place them.

If I were to do it over again I would have went PRV MB800 or MB400.
I've been hearing a lot about those PRVs on YouTube they've been reviewing those orion XTR pro and they were basically a draw with some people preferring the Orion and some prv. Either are reasonably priced and I could tell they were loud on the video.
Thanks I'm a little behind on gear cuz I haven't bought anything in a while and our local shops carry all the same typical stuff that I really don't want.

I've been hearing a lot about those PRVs on YouTube they've been reviewing those orion XTR pro and they were basically a draw with some people preferring the Orion and some prv. Either are reasonably priced and I could tell they were loud on the video.
Thanks I'm a little behind on gear cuz I haven't bought anything in a while and our local shops carry all the same typical stuff that I really don't want.

Are you talking about that Russian dude who compares speakers? I have seen a few of his videos and seemed the only thing he really looks for is the loudest most harsh speaker he can find. Don't care for his videos personally.

I drove a full blown Orion car from show to show for my Team Orion buddy and they have some great speakers though.

Are you talking about that Russian dude who compares speakers? I have seen a few of his videos and seemed the only thing he really looks for is the loudest most harsh speaker he can find. Don't care for his videos personally.

I drove a full blown Orion car from show to show for my Team Orion buddy and they have some great speakers though.
I think it's the Indonesian or Thai looking guy that I was watching I've been an orion guy for the longest so I'm probably partial to their stuff and the new XTR pro bamf mids are getting raved about right now.
The older I'm getting the more sound quality oriented I'm becoming but of course I still like it loud. Can't wait to get these three 12-in stereo integrity sql's in here!

I need some pointers guys , I have 4 6.5 running now on a amp and 2 12 on another amp, adding 2 super tweets and 2 more 6.5 mids, (total 2 tweets and 6 6.5 mids ) need pointers on best way to wire !! I probbly need another high amp I assume

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Kybasshead75
Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views