Crack in foam of my X8

ok, just saw, here for europe the easiest available is E6000. but it says its for jewelry... is that ok?

will it support the constant vibrations of the foam??

ok, just saw, here for europe the easiest available is E6000. but it says its for jewelry... is that ok?

I suggest AquaSeal. Urethane based stuff like silicone rubber but much tougher.
John Kuthe...
your offering suggestions on repairing/fixing a speaker yet you can't even install 2 amps on your own??

your offering suggestions on repairing/fixing a speaker yet you can't even install 2 amps on your own??
Completely different animal, plus know quite a bit about adhesives and plastics, chemistry, etc. You are engaging in baseless ad hominem attacks.

John Kuthe...

Completely different animal, plus know quite a bit about adhesives and plastics, chemistry, etc. You are engaging in baseless ad hominem attacks.
John Kuthe...
You have a history of being completely ignorant on topics you say you know.

Do you know how silicon affects foam?

You have a history of being completely ignorant on topics you say you know. Do you know how silicon affects foam?
Aha, valid point. The solvents in any adhesive may adversely affect plastic foam. Good point.

I once fed an unusually large number of packing peanuts into a small glass bottle with just a small amount of gasoline in the bottom of it! Afterwards I had a little sticky liquidy mass of solvent melted packing peanuts, probably polystyrene or whatever polymerized plastic they made the packing peanuts from.

Best for the OP to get the whole speaker reconed if they want to get a good long life out of it. Plastics never last well. Some better than others for sure, but they will ALL be reclaimed by Mother Nature and entropy, eventually.

John Kuthe...

recone.... the sub is only a few months old. I don't have any Sundown retailers here in spain.

maybe sundown could give me a hint? I don't want to glue it, screw up the foam and then loose warranty either...

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

XxAndreaxX
spain
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Boomin_tahoe
Screenshot 2024-04-06 200819.png