Couple of taramps questions

He's not wrong. Taramps work better with a 1.6-2.0v rca input signal. And that HU will not provide a clean signal at max volume with the sub output all the way up. Those are facts.
My MD8k's sweet spot was 1.8v rca input voltage. My teammates Bass8k's like 1.6v the best. And my old HD15k's actually liked 1.4v input.

He's not wrong. Taramps work better with a 1.6-2.0v rca input signal. And that HU will not provide a clean signal at max volume with the sub output all the way up. Those are facts.
My MD8k's sweet spot was 1.8v rca input voltage. My teammates Bass8k's like 1.6v the best. And my old HD15k's actually liked 1.4v input.
I've never had my hu at max volume...

Just saying...

Last edited:
I'm new to taramps (and full bridge) but I got smart 3 installed...I've been running it about 2 weeks now and a couple things strike me as odd...

The fans start up when i power on but shut off right after...every other amp I've had with fans either stayed on when powered or never came on til the amp got hot...so I'm not sure if this is normal...

The other thing is the gain...even when turned all the way down I get good movement from my subs...they're rated 1200w for the pair and I got them wired to 4ohm...I'm figuring since the amp produces quite a bit more power then the subs need is why...but again this is the first amp I've own that turning the gain all the way down didn't effectively shut off the subs...

Everything sounds good...no floor noise from the amp...the subs are clean sounding...those 2 things just strike me as odd so I figured I'd ask...
All of this is normal with full bridge amps. I have a sundown SIA 2500 and the gain requires very little movement to reach 1800 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...