cost of gas

I agree... money should be earned not just given. Typical of government jobs. On a good note, the job I am transitioning to will allow me to not focus so much on the cost of gas.
So, then you will be making too much money and not earning your income? You literally just turned your attempted insult of me on yourself.
Government jobs are why you had streets to drive on when you delivered pizza. They are why there is a fire department in your city. Why they have a police force. Why you have mail delivered to your house. Why there is a military that you want to protect us from "communists". They are probably a good portion of why people were able to buy the pizza you delivered.

Here's the thing: MY job is not even cost-neutral. It's cost-negative. I have to show a return that is triple my cost. What jobs have you had where your employer got 3x in profit what they paid you? How much does the military EARN as opposed to COST?
Business 101

Last edited:
I don't get why some of you people have a hard time believing that some people don't look at the price of gas or groceries and such.
They don't have a hard time, they just think that it strengthens their narrative. Kind of like Thx trying to make it a bad thing that I do volunteer work in my community.
When they have nothing, they clutch at straws.

So, then you will be making too much money and not earning your income? You literally just turned your attempted insult of me on yourself.
Government jobs are why you had streets to drive on when you delivered pizza. They are why there is a fire department in your city. Why they have a police force. Why you have mail delivered to your house. Why there is a military that you want to protect us from "communists". They are probably a good portion of why people were able to buy the pizza you delivered.

Here's the thing: MY job is not even cost-neutral. It's cost-negative. I have to show a return that is triple my cost. What jobs have you had where your employer got 3x in profit what they paid you? How much does the military EARN as opposed to COST?
Business 101
No, you attempted to turn my insult around on me but failed. The money I earn has value to me which is why I pay attention to what things cost. I maximize my my spending by buying frugally if I can. Money last longer that way.

I know why we have these things. Doesn't mean I am wrong in saying government employees typically are overpaid.

Yes, typically employers make several times in profit what they pay their employees.

They don't have a hard time, they just think that it strengthens their narrative. Kind of like Thx trying to make it a bad thing that I do volunteer work in my community.
When they have nothing, they clutch at straws.
Volunteering is not a bad thing. This is that lack of comprehension thing you do. I said you must not like your wife because you volunteer your free time away rather than spend it with the woman you say you love and vowed to love for the rest of your life. That was my point.

Volunteering is not a bad thing. This is that lack of comprehension thing you do. I said you must not like your wife because you volunteer your free time away rather than spend it with the woman you say you love and vowed to love for the rest of your life. That was my point.
i.e., not volunteering for the benefit of society but for selfish and hurtful reasons.
Ergo, my volunteering is a bad thing.

Comprehensive enough for you?
Work harder on your backpedals, spin, or coverups.

496407FE-356D-4B23-BF4B-97553078FE49.jpeg

Their is nothing we can do about the price of gas, but not having any idea of the price seems almost like lack of awareness of your surroundings.

No, you attempted to turn my insult around on me but failed. The money I earn has value to me which is why I pay attention to what things cost. I maximize my my spending by buying frugally if I can. Money last longer that way.

I know why we have these things. Doesn't mean I am wrong in saying government employees typically are overpaid.

Yes, typically employers make several times in profit what they pay their employees.
You failed to answer the question of how it benefits you to know the price of gas at the pump when you fill up, if you can't change it in any way and you can't choose NOT to use it.
If it's a question of budgeting and only buying what you can afford until the next bit of money rolls in, then it makes sense. I do not live dollar to dollar and have not since I started working, so I do not have to put $5 in just to get to the next place I will get some cash.

When you see a price, do you waste gas and money driving around town looking for a better price, only to find out they're all the same? Do you do that with other essential commodities like water/gas/electric?
If you get injured, do you price shop the ER for the cheapest? When you get there, do you check the formulary and forego some treatments based on price? "Stitch it up without numbing it. That stuff is too expensive".

When the cost cannot be avoided, the cost becomes irrelevant. I cannot avoid the cost of gas if I am to remain employed. It therefore is irrelevant for me to know the cost at fillup. Were I ANY type of self-employed or contracted delivery driver, I STILL wouldn't pay attention unless I was building it into the cost of each delivery.
Instead, I would be doing EVERYTHING I could to maximize what I get out of each gallon of gas I buy. Fuel efficient vehicle, shortest and fastest routes, delivering once to the same are with multiple packages instead of multiple trips, setting up routes that involve the maximum number of right-hand turns possible. THAT is stuff that shows frugal spending, NOT simply knowing the price during an unavoidable purchase.

Please tell me EXACTLY what knowing the price does for you at that moment in time, and how I am somehow less of a person in your eyes for NOT knowing or caring to know. Your excuse that it is "being frugal" holds no water unless you can show how it saves you money.

View attachment 32857

Their is nothing we can do about the price of gas, but not having any idea of the price seems almost like lack of awareness of your surroundings.
THERE is nothing about that sign that matters to me in the context of driving in and filling up. I also don't need to look at a menu when I go out for Chinese food b/c I know what I am ordering already. I know the gas stations in my city and can navigate to them without looking up to see the price on their sign/s.

I can even get home without looking at the street signs on every corner.

I CAN tell you that a drink at McD's is a buck. I couldn't tell you the price of anything else on that menu. Why? BECASUE IT HAS NO RELEVANCE TO ME if I am there to get something to eat.

It's really weird that people are trying to paint it as a bad thing to not know the minute-by-minute price of an essential commodity. Maybe you're the types who check your bank balance every five minutes to make sure the money hasn't been stolen by the Nazis (just trying to put a smile on Buck's face there)?
Maybe you're the types who denied your kids a breakfast because milk prices spiked during a snowstorm.

Who knows?

You failed to answer the question of how it benefits you to know the price of gas at the pump when you fill up, if you can't change it in any way and you can't choose NOT to use it.
If it's a question of budgeting and only buying what you can afford until the next bit of money rolls in, then it makes sense. I do not live dollar to dollar and have not since I started working, so I do not have to put $5 in just to get to the next place I will get some cash.

When you see a price, do you waste gas and money driving around town looking for a better price, only to find out they're all the same? Do you do that with other essential commodities like water/gas/electric?
If you get injured, do you price shop the ER for the cheapest? When you get there, do you check the formulary and forego some treatments based on price? "Stitch it up without numbing it. That stuff is too expensive".

When the cost cannot be avoided, the cost becomes irrelevant. I cannot avoid the cost of gas if I am to remain employed. It therefore is irrelevant for me to know the cost at fillup. Were I ANY type of self-employed or contracted delivery driver, I STILL wouldn't pay attention unless I was building it into the cost of each delivery.
Instead, I would be doing EVERYTHING I could to maximize what I get out of each gallon of gas I buy. Fuel efficient vehicle, shortest and fastest routes, delivering once to the same are with multiple packages instead of multiple trips, setting up routes that involve the maximum number of right-hand turns possible. THAT is stuff that shows frugal spending, NOT simply knowing the price during an unavoidable purchase.

Please tell me EXACTLY what knowing the price does for you at that moment in time, and how I am somehow less of a person in your eyes for NOT knowing or caring to know. Your excuse that it is "being frugal" holds no water unless you can show how it saves you money.
Slow down... breathe.

I plan ahead. If I know the cost of gas in my area then I can shop around for the best deal. Different gas stations have different prices. I don't wait until I am on empty then run to whatever gas station is closest and just accept their price because I didn't plan ahead. Because I planned ahead I now have extra monies. I do the same thing with car parts, car audio gear, food or whatever I elect to purchase. There is nothing wrong with budgeting even if you make more money than another person. It's smart finances. My extra goes into my savings. That is there for emergencies, rainy days, spurt of the moment purchases and so on. That is how it "saves me money."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...