cost of gas

You have to select the grade, which has its price listed by it.
The button to the left. The digital readout is literally obscured by the window bezel unless you make an effort to see it.
And I don’t.
I can’t drive less if the price is high, I don’t drive more if the price drops. It’s not a commodity choice I can make.

A clear sign that you don't "earn" your money and you are overpaid.
I earn it plenty. I don’t deliver pizza where I can choose a longer or shorter route for my work.
I have no choice in how much gas I have to use to get around, and I can’t change the price it’s at, so I don’t fret about the price at fillup time.

Much like regular investing in the market, dollar cost averaging applies to the highs and lows.

What benefit do you derive from knowing how much it goes for while you are filling an empty tank?

I earn it plenty. I don’t deliver pizza where I can choose a longer or shorter route for my work.
I have no choice in how much gas I have to use to get around, and I can’t change the price it’s at, so I don’t fret about the price at fillup time.

Much like regular investing in the market, dollar cost averaging applies to the highs and lows.
You're literally the dumbest person I waste time responding to. Nobody here delivers pizza and the cost of gas varies from gas station to gas station and area to area. You don't earn shiit except that reputation for stupidity.

You're literally the dumbest person I waste time responding to. Nobody here delivers pizza and the cost of gas varies from gas station to gas station and area to area. You don't earn shiit except that reputation for stupidity.
You don’t have pizza delivery in Kentucky/Georgia? COVID put a hurting on local pizzerias here, but many still deliver. Slso, you have a working knowledge of pizza delivery and gas prices under two presidential administrations. Said so yourself. Are you ashamed of it?

The stations in my area all adjust their prices to match each other’s within minutes of the change. Yet another reason I don’t pay attention. All the same shlt, and no volume discounts or haggling.

Stop commenting on my intelligence when you demonstrate a personally low one. It’s a sad irony when you do it.
e.g. Like when you insisted panic buying of TP drove gas prices up when states went on lockdown, even though national average prices dropped dramatically.

No, calling you unintelligent is not slander.

The button to the left. The digital readout is literally obscured by the window bezel unless you make an effort to see it.
And I don’t.
I can’t drive less if the price is high, I don’t drive more if the price drops. It’s not a commodity choice I can make.
"The button to the left"? How far left? How do you know it's not diesel? 1 or 2 diesel? Your smug point is falling apart.

"The button to the left"? How far left? How do you know it's not diesel? 1 or 2 diesel? Your smug point is falling apart.
Three octane levels, no diesel at these pumps. 87 is leftmost button. Rightmost is non-ethanol 91 “for recreational vehicles only”.
I’m not a bullshitter. I’ll take a picture at next fillup for you.

From memory, how much do you pay per kilowatt hour for your electricity? It’s on your bill every single month.

Not identical, but very similar to this. View a simple LCD at 45 degrees off perpendicular, tell me how well you can read it.
Tell me how hard a time you would have hitting that big yellow button without looking at the price.
It’ll be even easier when they put tap-to-pay on all pumps.

You don’t have pizza delivery in Kentucky/Georgia? COVID put a hurting on local pizzerias here, but many still deliver. Slso, you have a working knowledge of pizza delivery and gas prices under two presidential administrations. Said so yourself. Are you ashamed of it?

The stations in my area all adjust their prices to match each other’s within minutes of the change. Yet another reason I don’t pay attention. All the same shlt, and no volume discounts or haggling.

Stop commenting on my intelligence when you demonstrate a personally low one. It’s a sad irony when you do it.
e.g. Like when you insisted panic buying of TP drove gas prices up when states went on lockdown, even though national average prices dropped dramatically.

No, calling you unintelligent is not slander.
Not only are you a stupid idiot but you are lazy as well. Who can read the small LCD display at a 45 degree angle??? Is it hard for you to bend at the waist? Hard for you to center yourself in front of the pump? Checking the price on the pump insures it is set at the same price as the sign by the road. Let me guess... you are too busy to be bothered with any of that because you spend your time climbing in and out of your vehicle while your gas pumps or playing with your phone or your dumb little dog you let sit on your lap hanging its head out the window while you drive. Yeah, you seem like that guy... sorry... person.

Not only are you a stupid idiot but you are lazy as well. Who can read the small LCD display at a 45 degree angle??? Is it hard for you to bend at the waist? Hard for you to center yourself in front of the pump? Checking the price on the pump insures it is set at the same price as the sign by the road. Let me guess... you are too busy to be bothered with any of that because you spend your time climbing in and out of your vehicle while your gas pumps or playing with your phone or your dumb little dog you let sit on your lap hanging its head out the window while you drive. Yeah, you seem like that guy... sorry... person.
Why expend the effort when it changes nothing and can affect nothing?

Do you check the electric rates that your brother pays every month? Do you check the price of milk every time you run out, and wait for it to drop? Do you check the interest rates on his 15 year ARM each month? Do you check the utility rates every time you use his toilet?

If I need gas, I need gas. I’m not going to park the car and wait. It’s a necessity, which make price irrelevant.
Maybe that’s not the case for you, but I have to drive no matter what. I can’t sit home where others provide for me and wait until a good price happens. I have bills to pay and a job to earn the money for those bills.

That’s what being an adult is like. Maybe some day you’ll understand.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...