cost of gas

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
Also slug the average person in this country doesn't know how the oil industry actually works. They just listen to the news or what some political party says. If you saw the true numbers of what say Mobil Oil makes in a year in profits vs what they report to the public it would blow your mind. Dad still gets the yearly reports as a retiree of Mobil Oil. The Elwood refinery was the 1st refinery to ever get a "star" rating. That was quickly removed once Exxon took over. Mobil Oil believed in preventative maintenance where Exxon believes in running everything till it breaks or does damage then they replace the parts. One reason why they have such high profit margins. Mobil Oil also believed in taking care of their workers big time. Give you an example when dad would take a day off for if he was sick or if say I had to have surgery one day equaled 3 days off but only counts as one day of sick or personal time. He had 10 personal days a year and as many sick days as he needed for surgeries and stuff like that. Along with 6 weeks of vacation time after a few years not 15-20 like many companies do.

He retired early because he knew if he didn't get out of there he would have died there with Exxon in control they really are a shitty company to work for. Yeah they pay really well but it was so much better when Mobil Oil wasn't owned by Exxon.
My cousins husband worked for Exxon. I never really liked him so I never talked to him about his industry. I heard them complain about having to live in Houston for his job mostly. They hated it there. He has a lot of money for retirement though, so I’m sure they compensate management level employees decent. These oil companies have gotten special treatment for years and have profited billions.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
What’s your point? I didn’t argue against any of that. I simply stated that 50 million barrels is only 3 days worth of petroleum, and that isn’t enough to bring down prices. Stop acting like you know how it works just so you can argue. At least argue against the point I actually made. If gas prices weren’t able to be affected by anything other than just simple supply and demand, the president wouldn’t bother trying to solve the problem. Our government absolutely can affect the SUPPLY of gas, which affects prices. Thinking anything different is just blind to real world circumstances. Of course the government doesn’t just set the price, but they can affect the supply of gas in numerous different ways, which affects the price. Your arguments are juvenile and uninformed. I’m sure you will fall out of your chair thinking I’m bashing on Biden for this, which will cause you make other uninformed statements to defend your guy, but I’m not talking about a specific president. Every president has a bit of control over the supply. Why do you think we have a petroleum reserve in the first place? Could it be so they can add gas to the supply to help prices? Didn’t Biden release 50 million barrels of petroleum to help with prices? He said that himself. Why don’t you explain to us why Biden lied about why he released the 50 million barrels, even though it won’t help?
Releasing 50 million barrels isn't going to do anything when we don't have the trucks to transport it. He probably just did it to make it look like he was trying to do something. Gas prices are cyclical.

Reactions: SlugButter

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Kentucky
So how much does the United States pay other countries for 50 million barrels?

Since we already had that 50 million barrels here, that's however much money we didn't pay for oil from other countries.

Where is that money now going to be spent?

Is anyone going to ask Biden where that money will be moved to?

Let the money game continue.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
So how much does the United States pay other countries for 50 million barrels?

Since we already had that 50 million barrels here, that's however much money we didn't pay for oil from other countries.

Where is that money now going to be spent?

Is anyone going to ask Biden where that money will be moved to?

Let the money game continue.
I'm guessing that we still bought the same amount of oil from the other Countries. I don't think that Biden or whoever canceled an order to buy 50 million barrels from another Country. Adding to the oil supply should "in theory" help to lower prices.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
You two need to find something better to do.This shit gets old quick and y'all do it every f*cking day. Jesus Christ

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Kentucky
I'm guessing that we still bought the same amount of oil from the other Countries. I don't think that Biden or whoever canceled an order to buy 50 million barrels from another Country. Adding to the oil supply should "in theory" help to lower prices.
I doubt they bought less as well. 50mil barrels won't do anything to the gas prices. That's what, a few days worth of gas for the country? It's trivial at best. Why would they even do it.

If they really wanted to be smart about fuel for cars and trucks or whatever, why even make gasoline at all. As clean as we can run diesel now they should just make all cars and trucks diesel so there is only one type of fuel and use the kerosene to heat homes where needed. Shit, VW turbo diesel cars got way over 40mpg. 1 fuel, 1 price per gallon. Wouldn't need as much of it because vehicles would get better mileage. Less pollution. Seems like a win, win to me.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
You two need to find something better to do.This shit gets old quick and y'all do it every f*cking day. Jesus Christ
I don't even talk to thx very often. Him and Rob are always going at it not Him and Bob. Het your shitt straight and go eat some pickle slices.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I don't even talk to thx very often. Him and Rob are always going at it not Him and Bob. Het your shitt straight and go eat some pickle slices.
Im actually still eating. No pickles today tho. Bob, Rob, whoever it's always the same annoying shit. Why do you keep putting multiple "t"s in shit?

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Reactions: Bobbytwonames

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Well f*ck me. Gas is down even more. It really does annoy me that I'm paying attention to this shit just because of you losers

Reactions: HondaCRV03

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Maybe Trump DID become prez again. Cheap gas for all!!
Lol. People truly do not realize how lucky they are. Donald Trump was plotting a legit war with China. I'm sure prices would of dropped dramatically because of that right? Lmao. Imagine if that loser would of been elected a second term. Prices would be twice what they already are if not more. Trump supporters certainly are special.

RobGMN

CarAudio.com Elite
Jul 1, 2021
MN
Lol. People truly do not realize how lucky they are. Donald Trump was plotting a legit war with China. I'm sure prices would of dropped dramatically because of that right? Lmao. Imagine if that loser would of been elected a second term. Prices would be twice what they already are if not more. Trump supporters certainly are special.
Of all the shlt that went on, I think the one that baffles me the most is the anti-science stuff.
It’s literally like people took stupid pills and forgot everything they learned (or were supposed to learn) in grade school and beyond. It’s genuinely scary to talk to people like that.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Oil down BIG to $73 a barrel you know cause I f*cking told you so.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Don't forget to thank your President Joe Biden. Losers

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
As soon as gas prices drop all the Biden haters will come out and say that the President has nothing to do with gas prices. Watch!
Trust me I can't wait

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds