Component Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I think I just got a little lucky. Someone over at DIYMA has a PPI i520.4 and he is giving it away for the cost of shipping. So I sent him a pm a minute after he had posted as I happen to be online at that time. That will save me some money and allow me to do what we talked about maybe a little more as well. I also found a set of Kicker KS 6.5 components I think I will put in the rear over the RF when I do this. Use the MTX 704X on the Alpine tweeters and the Silverflutes then install that PPI i520.4 and use the 4 channels for the Kicker components since I have people in the back seat now and then and they like to listen to loud music as well....yeah it is a crappy set but will give it a try over a 6x8 and see what happens. If I don't like it not like it is that hard to switch out,lol.

And I just got lucky again,lol. Someone at DIYM had this for sale 60 with shipping and had the money so bought them. SilverFlutes 6.5 with those tweeters. So I have 2 options for tweeters then.

@Jeffdachef

I think I got what I wanted for the cost of 80 bucks total. A little more powerful amp for the front tweeters and silverflutes then the 704X for the rears to please the little people who sit in the back seats. Otherwise I would just run them off the HU but of course I got...no I want it loud back there as well...stinking kids...I mean Adults,lol

@Jeffdachef

I think I got what I wanted for the cost of 80 bucks total. A little more powerful amp for the front tweeters and silverflutes then the 704X for the rears to please the little people who sit in the back seats. Otherwise I would just run them off the HU but of course I got...no I want it loud back there as well...stinking kids...I mean Adults,lol
Problem is you dont have the rca channels to do so

Unless you have a dsp, theres no way to run active and rears on your current head unit. Because once its in active mode, the rcas turn into low, mid and high, there is no rear.

If you really have to run rears,, check to see if you have proper impedance then you can wire the kicker and the alpines in series bridged to the mtx in 2 channel mode. Do the same with the new ppi 4 channel into 2 channel bridged with the kicker mid and silverflutes in series or both your 6x8s in series if you want to test it out with the rockfords as mids.

Series wiring will be 8 ohms since parallel will be 2 ohms and the amp bridged is only stable down to 4 ohms which means you'll still be seeing around 4 ohm load worth of power to each driver. Active will pretty much turn your setup into tweeters, mids and subs. No rears or fronts.

You can test around if you want but id personally sell it all and have two pairs of matching tweeters and two pairs of matching mids all setup in the configuration i specified because you can only tune for yourself and the rear might sound like **** because thats not the crossover point that particular driver likes. Also say good bye to any kind of halfway decent soundstage. Thats all down the shitter now. The other solution is to sell the excess and get a dayton dsp so you have 8 channels of control and you can actually do the setup right and have preset configurations for when your friends are with you and super SQ mode when you drive by yourself.

My actual two cents. Stick with the original plan leave the rears on head unit power. If you do the front stage correctly you should be able yo be heard several football fields away, there's no reason why it wont reach the back of your car.

Last edited:
Copy. I will just leave the kickers in the box then. Go with the PPI for the extra power for the tweeters and silverflutes and take out the 704X and just put the RFs on the head unit. I'd rather not add more but it was an idea. They can just deal with it the way it is.

So I got the silverflutes today....Damn those are some beefy 6.5" woofers! Nicely made as well. Also the set came with these tweeters.

So I got the silverflutes today....Damn those are some beefy 6.5" woofers! Nicely made as well. Also the set came with these tweeters.

Those are a good combo. Try the xt25s before ordering the alpine, they are similar

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.