Component or coaxial speakers to the back

Rear fill done right is magic. It can add depth and a spaciousness to the cabin but 9 times out of 10... ehhh. I would go with a simple coaxial and keep it under 3000hz if you have dsp capabilities. They do help with added midbass if you are lacking there which 70% of all the cars I have heard have. If you just want them for extra volume run them full range.

I still need to upgrade my rear speakers, should I also install component speakers to the back or go coaxial?

These should work if you have the mounting depth. They are loud.

Screenshot_20220921-165800_Chrome.jpg

I wouldnt spend a whole lot. Rear speakers work great if you dont have a sub.. or add some tunes for passengers, and a little bit of fill of a void usually. Doesnt take much, a cheap Coax or a mid will work just fine

I wouldnt spend a whole lot. Rear speakers work great if you dont have a sub.. or add some tunes for passengers, and a little bit of fill of a void usually. Doesnt take much, a cheap Coax or a mid will work just fine

Quick question. Would you even need tweeters if you ran these in the front and back doors? Look at the frequency response. $100/pair.

Screenshot_20220924-010617_Chrome.jpg

Quick question. Would you even need tweeters if you ran these in the front and back doors? Look at the frequency response. $100/pair.

View attachment 42972

If that thing can play 50hz for real its gonna sound like garbage above 3500hz.

Pro audio mids are usually a 125hz-8000hz range and that's stretching the upper end way past what I'm comfortable with. I'd hate to see the response graph.

You don't want drivers to play to much as they get I mushy sounding. I'm trying to let my silverflutes play 30-3500hz right now because of blow tweeters and it's just bad. Put hpf to 100hz it's still bad. That speaker is a 50-2600hz driver in my install. Outside of that range it struggles.

If that thing can play 50hz for real its gonna sound like garbage above 3500hz.

Pro audio mids are usually a 125hz-8000hz range and that's stretching the upper end way past what I'm comfortable with. I'd hate to see the response graph.

You don't want drivers to play to much as they get I mushy sounding. I'm trying to let my silverflutes play 30-3500hz right now because of blow tweeters and it's just bad. Put hpf to 100hz it's still bad. That speaker is a 50-2600hz driver in my install. Outside of that range it struggles.

Silver flutes can hit 30 hz.? Any videos? Turn the sub stage off. I need to hear some 30 hz. mids.

Rear speakers are best with DSP capability. Personally I don't run rear speakers anymore and I won't go back to rear speakers again. If you are dead-set on running rear speakers, I would suggest a midbass that you let roll off naturally. Something that will play down to 100hz or so. Extra volume in the 100hz-300hz range is always a good thing(in my experience) and most 6.5" drivers will start to roll off around 2.5k naturally.

Matt

Silver flutes can hit 30 hz.? Any videos? Turn the sub stage off. I need to hear some 30 hz. mids.

Sorry for the bad video quality. The pixel 6pro is a garbage phone.

Short of pulling the door panels idk how to really show the low frequency extension. But the low notes in that recording is 28hz. No hpf at all on 80w per mid.

No subs in the truck right now just the 2 silverflute 6.5s and 1 Memphis viv tweeter that's on its way out. Idk what happened to these tweeters I though I smoked the first one by my mistake but this one has loose leads. Im wondering if the solder joint at the tinsel leads broke due to the rough ass ride of this dually

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...