Clipping(?) with two 12" Pioneer subs

I set my amp gain the other day by calculating the rms watts of the amp multiply by the ohms you are running at, find the square route of that then with subs disconected and volume at 75% played a 50hz bass note, put the meter across the terminals and turn the gain untill you get your reading of your calculation, mine was 42.42 on a 1800w rms amp gain was set just above half way when it read correct, and it made a hell of a difference as aposed to doin it by ear.....hope this helps you....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I would assume they are pretty accurate as long as they are directly tied into the clip circuit on the amp. Having said that, the signal traveling...
Don't recall off hand. Both single dins. One excelon, one not.
1. make sure you wired your subs right... https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204374200-Dual-Voice-Coil-DVC-Wiring-Tutorial 2. set...
Even a basic TL072 will do this function just fine. LoL. The joys of comparators!
I would pull the HU and bench test it. Can be done with a 12v battery on a non-metal work bench easily enough.

About this thread

issvor

issvor
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
CDE219