Clifff150’s 2009 F-150 Build

Participant count
  • Participants list

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
I’m finally getting around to overhauling my 2009 F-150 Screw. My current system is a 2 way passive component set up front using ID CXS 64’s off of a Diamond D5 2 channel. I have some old Eclipse 6x8 coaxials for rear fill and my sub stage is 2 IDQ 10’s in a FoxBox that I sealed and is downfiring powered off of a JBL GTR-1001.

My next equipment will be as follows;

1/0 OFC Sky High for power and grounds
14 gauge OFC Sky High for speakers
Tsunami ANL fuse up front and Tsunami distro in the back
T-Spec RCA’s for the 4 channel and Stinger 8000 for the sub channel
JVC KW-V830BT (will be running active through this to start)
Stereo Integrity M25’s for tweeters
Stereo Integrity TM65III’s for midrange/midbass
Zapco ST-4D or Pioneer GM-8704 for 4 channel duty (likely the Zapco)
SSA Icon 12 (no upgrades)
Wolfram W-3000.1 or US Acoustics Mike for sub (likely Wolfram to combat box rise)
Box will be aero ported and I’m unsure exactly what it’ll look like but will go to Buck for design.

This will be a slow build as it is hard to find free time right now with work and kids.

Here are a few photos so far. Removed my ID CSX components and my Diamond D5 600.2. I have all the speaker wire ran. I need to run the new power wire next and then install the speakers. I’ll be without bass until I get the box built.

Man that last picture reminded me of just how much I hate put that sound deadener on.
I didn't see anything about what your doing for power upgrades.
Given your history with bigger alt's I'm curious to know what your doing this time.
If it was me, IDK if I could bring myself to bigger alt again.
I would be too worried about it happening again.
At least you seem to have an insurance hook up

I will likely be using a Brand X 250a alt. I will keep thinking on that route though as I can get by with a few smaller amps in the mean time. I’m undecided on battery under the hood but likely going with X2 Power from Batteries+ or an Odyssey. I had an X2 Power that lasted me over 8 years until it finally died out worth every penny (my dad also gets a discount through his company).

These were a B to get in to my existing baffles due to the water shield Nick uses. I had to hammer down some metal and sand down some mdf. I was determined to make them fit as I am over cutting mdf due to dust. Had to cut it short as I still haven’t gotten my mom or wife anything for Mother’s Day.

Yes. I have everything sealed that I can at least. These panels hook in so I may address that soon to completely seal it. The deadener is NVX brand. I got it free a couple years ago with my Image Dynamics order from Sonic. I found a glitch in the system haha. It’s ok stuff. Definitely liked my second skin stuff better but it was free so why not? I have crossover points set but that’s about it and they really do sound great so far.

Oh yeah I took care of them!! I already had it planned but just needed to get it lol. Thanks for looking out Bobby!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...