Cleanest Amplifier

DrewRafter

Alright fella's, I know this may be my first post here but I am a car stereo guru. I love sound quality in particular. I care nothing really for a high decibal, I'm happy with a 130-140. I've got two MM2124's which, I haven't found anything that had better sound quality. Now I'm looking for an amp. I've tried the MTX 801D and it's got great power but the sound quality is rough. I'm thinking about trying the Polk C500.1. Has anyone tried this amp or have another one to suggest? Need around 500-800W RMS at 2ohms, and remember I don't care if it pounds as long as it is clean as it can be. Thank's fella's.

you should try a jl500/1, its a pretty clean sounding amp. Alsp eclipse with the ICE technology are nice too

clean amp huh??

This is what you need to do - get something that's decent quality - spend as much as you think you need to, but make sure it is about 50% more powerful (actual power) than you think you need. Make sure your box is as close to perfect as can be. Set your gains correctly.

If you can't get the "SQ" you want out of that then call your audiologist and have your hearing checked.

i know but i thought some amps had diff controls that could enhance the sound or whatever

Some have magic SQ fairy dust //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

Hehehe

i know but i thought some amps had diff controls that could enhance the sound or whatever
Those are the scientific terms, right? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Are you talking about how some of the more expensive amps have gain controls and crossovers?

I've always been biased to european handmade class A amps (sinfoni, celestra, or US made monolithic)or tube drivers (butler, US amps, etc).

Mcintosh SHOULD be great on whatever it is supposed to do better than others (lookit the friggin price!).

dude those pyramid amps rock..i thnk they are like 9000x2 at 2Ohms or some ****. 100% clean power too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif

Alright fella's, I know this may be my first post here but I am a car stereo guru. I love sound quality in particular. I care nothing really for a high decibal, I'm happy with a 130-140. I've got two MM2124's which, I haven't found anything that had better sound quality. Now I'm looking for an amp. I've tried the MTX 801D and it's got great power but the sound quality is rough. I'm thinking about trying the Polk C500.1. Has anyone tried this amp or have another one to suggest? Need around 500-800W RMS at 2ohms, and remember I don't care if it pounds as long as it is clean as it can be. Thank's fella's.

No reason you should not be able to obtain a decent SQ with your current set up.

An amplifier can in no way, shape, or form effect SQ. Period.

An amplifiers job is to amplify. If it does anything else- it's broke.

Try a few more hours tuning with your current setup. The results should pay off immensely.

Otherwise, an EQ or DSP would be the better choice to further tweak and tune your system.

take it easy,

-zane

Right now I'm running a Memphis and really enjoy it. Powerful amp that sounds clean and clear, one of the best I have ever owned.

The last amp I had was a Xtant and needless to say how good that amp sounds.

JL Audio and Orion would be two other brands you should pay close attention too.

yeah thats it:wave: like a pyramid compared to a zapco im sure the zapco will have better features and probably more.
Okay. So you said it has "better features and probably more."
What do you mean by that exactly?

Basically, what makes one Zapco watt sound "cleaner" than any other watt?

BTW, I'm talking true power here. It sounds like you're comparing a "100 watt" Pyramid amp that actually puts out 50 watts vs. a "100 watt" Zapco amp that actually puts out 200 watts...

Oh, and just to make it even easier for you, here is a wiring schematic for a Zapco amp:

http://dreadlordpk.50megs.com/cgi-bin/i/ElectronicStuff/Zapco200schematic/Zapco200.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.