• Thread starter <pimp sh*t>
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<pimp sh*t>

i am lookin at a boss 3000d amp are they any good. for the price and the amoutn of power they put out i would like to get one. they also have a six year warranty. i guess im just lookin for opinions and **** good or bad tell me. thanks

well how could I put this nicely boss pretty much *****. At the store I used to work at we kept a boss amp in the office to show customers who would come in saying why would I buy your soundstream 300 watt amp when I have a boss 1000 watt amp now! Well we would bring out our 1000 watt boss amp (which was donated by a customer after he blew it) and show the customer the outside of the amp.....huge with handles and a meat thermometer lookin thing on top, real beefy lookin amp. Then we would remove the bottom cover to show the guts only half the amp had a circut board in it. the rest was a weight!!! I was even surprised, how could they do that, not to mention the fact that those amps are highly overrated. You would never get 1000 watts out of that amp even going downhill with a good tail wind. If the budget is what you are lookin at then I don't necessarily recommend soundstream, try pioneer, kenwood, lanzar, or even Jensen if you are really limited. All better performers than boss

Nice story greg...

Everyone knows that all the budget companies have some low end lines that are pretty worthless. But most people that know boss know their higher priced stuff is decent equipment.

Pimp, the fact about the 3000D is that it's internally identical to the Lanzar 1200D. It will give you around 1200 wrms at 1 ohm. You can get the lanzar on line for about 225 shipped new. So if you can't find the boss for about the same I'd just go with the lanzar if I were you.

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: n2audio ]

first greg yer an ass. i was talkin about class d amps abd you tell me to go buy kenwood pioneer and jenson. what the hell you been smokin i want power.

second where can i find that lanzer amp at that price.

thanks

quote:

Originally posted by n2audio:
I think
www.national-electronics.com
still has it for 220 plus shipping. What I did was go to
www.sounddomain.com
and they gave me their 105% price match guarantee. $225 shipped.

Okay still hell of a price versus power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.