Citroen C3 Desire 2003 - Switched live is working like the illumination circuit?? Help!

Participant count
  • Participants list

Bowkei

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kent
Hi, I'll start slow and see how we go. If I've missed something, then please ask................!

Trying to fit an aftermarket stereo (Kenwood BT52U) into a C3 I've just got. Swapped pins 4 and 7 over on the ISO harness adaptor to get the what i thought was the correct permanent/switch live combination buy its not quite right.

The picture below shows my power connector, pin 8 is ground. Pin 4 (yellow) is my switched live (i thought) but its behaving like an illumination circuit and only turns the radio off after about 15 seconds (hence assuming illumination live?). Pin 7 is permanent live and I've check these with a meter and seems to make sense.

However, no idea what the pin 2 (red) is doing, pulling 4volts when switched on, sitting at 12volts with ignition off. The pin 3 (green) is pulling 1volt when switched, 12volts when switched off. I think they have something to do with the Citroen VANBus circuits, but equally am not quite sure if they need to play a part in resolving my wierd power off delay?

The orange pin 5 (which is where I though the aerial power out came from?) doesn't appear to be doing anything one way or the other.

I'd like to know what I'm missing? I want the thing to turn off when i turn the key off (obviously!) and don't want to return and find my battery is as flat as a pancake either.

Any help gratefully appreciated, cheers :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.