Choosing the right amp for mids/highs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gunk

CarAudio.com Regular
Ohio
I'm new to setting up a system so please forgive my noob question.

I have a pair of Pioneer Pro 3.5" Bullet Tweeters in my dash. These are rated at 100w rms.

I was thinking about going with the 6.75" Pioneer Pro (110 rms) in the doors as well as Pioneer Pro 6x9 (100 rms) in rear deck.
I plan on having a 12 with a mono amp in the trunk.

Question is, can I hook up all 6 of these mids/highs on 1 amp? I want to give em all about 100w rms but how do I do that with a 4 channel amp? Do I have to buy a second amp just for the tweeters?

Here's their lineup. Pioneer Pro Series

Sorry, assuming your hu can run active. If you already selected your hu and it cannot go run actictive I think the Alternative is to just put the money toward a solid set of components

I'm new to setting up a system so please forgive my noob question.

I have a pair of Pioneer Pro 3.5" Bullet Tweeters in my dash. These are rated at 100w rms.

I was thinking about going with the 6.75" Pioneer Pro (110 rms) in the doors as well as Pioneer Pro 6x9 (100 rms) in rear deck.
I plan on having a 12 with a mono amp in the trunk.

Question is, can I hook up all 6 of these mids/highs on 1 amp? I want to give em all about 100w rms but how do I do that with a 4 channel amp? Do I have to buy a second amp just for the tweeters?

Here's their lineup. Pioneer Pro Series
What vehicle you putting this in? Most people do not like rear speakers,but I like the surround effect.Doesnt take much for the rears to over power the front staging/thus making your staging sound like garbage.If you decide to place 6x9s, or even 5.25 coax in the rear and placing a sub in the trunk space, You will need to seal off those speakers so that the sub woofers sound waves/air movement dose not destroy/ damage your rear speakers(caping them off with 1/4" plywood works just fine up to 1/2".You will only need approx 30 rms for each rear speaker to blend in with the front stage, or you can place a bass blocker on the + side of the rears and run off HU power to keep them alive for quite a while.(I still use a small amps on all my stuff and tune accordingly).Id place the 4 ch up front and get a small used 2 ch of 30x2 or up to 50x2 .Youcan find a decent little Alpine 3522 for cheap and a great little amp).Id try the front stage with the 4 ch. along with the sub, and see if you even want that little bit of surround effect later on.It willnot take much to add later.Just my 2 cents

Ok, thanks guys. I think I would just assume to leave out the speakers in the rear deck.

I was leaning that way but you guys helped me confirm that's the best way and more cost efficient solution.

Cheers!

Well, one more thing...

I am planning on using an Orion 1500 XTR to power my sub.

What do you think about my choice of an amp for the Pioneer PRO 6.75" in the doors and the Pioneer PRO 3.5" tweeters in the dash?

I was looking at this Orion 4 channel 500w and these 2 different amps from Pioneer, this 4 channel D class, and this 4 channel AB class. The first Pioneer amp is from their "digital series" and I'm not sure what to make of that. Additionally, I'm not sure if I should be looking for an AB or D class amp for mids/highs.

My HU is this Alpine.

My goal is SQ here.

If you have an amp suggestion, please feel free to add.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.