10+ year member

DC
IDQ12 V2 D2

EDO12

Perfect 12.1

Perfect 12.1 VQ

12W3 D2

Type SWR D2

The sub will see 400W @ 4ohms in a sealed box. I'm looking for SQ and will have a set of CDT cl61 or hd62s up front seeing 100/125 watts. Any suggestion as to which sub will best fit. 6x9s on HU power for fill.

Prices range from 130 for the Type R to 220 for th VQ

Power handling al except for the ED and ID are about maxed at 400

Ther perfect has by far the best sensitivity at 96 (the rest are around 90), so should sound the loudest

So which sub would you pick, and why?

Well I'm not doing a 15, and the EDO is toward the bottom of that list b/c its a single 4 and i really want a dual 2.

Well I'm not doing a 15, and the EDO is toward the bottom of that list b/c its a single 4 and i really want a dual 2.
infinity's don't like it when you feed them more than rms power so maxing out the infinity sub could be problems. i personally would go for the idq. i've always been a fan of image dynamics used to have the idmax but i heard a pair of idq's the other day in a sealed box that sounded nice.

infinity's don't like it when you feed them more than rms power so maxing out the infinity sub could be problems. i personally would go for the idq. i've always been a fan of image dynamics used to have the idmax but i heard a pair of idq's the other day in a sealed box that sounded nice.
Yeah, I heard that about the infinties, but the VQ is rated to 400, which is what I'd be sendging it. And right now IDQ is first on my list, I just dont know that it will be getting enough power at 400W - its rated at 350-700.

Why do you want a SVC 4 over a DVC 2?
I don't, I want a dual 2 over a single 4, b/c I don't intend to add another sub, but would like to have the option of adding a class D and run it at 1 ohm. In which case, only the IDQ could handle more power, all the others would need to go if I went to 1 ohm and more power.

i just bought some infinity reference series 1232w, the top of that line, and spent 200 on both of them brand new. its got 350 rms, so i think ud be good with them seeing 50 more watts and its a dual 2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.