Chevy Tahoe complete build ideas wanted

I have a decent budget. I plan to do this a little at a time throughout the next few months. I am gonna start by getting custom door panels. I am thinking of dual speakers in each door panel and a pillar pods too. either dual 8" or dual 6.5" plus the tweeters. so far this is all ive got decided. I have plenty of room. my 3rd row seat is removed.

My budget isnt realy relevant.

Of course it is, and if you say something like that people are going to post links to the most expensive gear on the market.

Also worth mentioning would be what, if any, upgrades you have already done and your comfort level and workshop/tool availability to DIY various types of fabrication.

My budget isnt realy relevant....I want to know more about what types of speakers and quantities and locations.

Okay.

(2) https://caraudiobargain.com/sundown-nsv5-15-d2/

(4) https://caraudiobargain.com/sundown-audio-vex-8-4-ohm-single-driver/

(2) https://caraudiobargain.com/sundown-audio-bt-r1-super-tweeter-4-ohm-car-pro-audio-speaker-single/

I'll leave all the electrical upgrades out since you didn't ask for suggestions on them.

Okay.

(2) https://caraudiobargain.com/sundown-nsv5-15-d2/

(4) https://caraudiobargain.com/sundown-audio-vex-8-4-ohm-single-driver/

(2) https://caraudiobargain.com/sundown-audio-bt-r1-super-tweeter-4-ohm-car-pro-audio-speaker-single/

I'll leave all the electrical upgrades out since you didn't ask for suggestions on them.
Not going with the SALT-12.
You had one job.

I was thinking maybe squeeze a pair of 18s in there and remove all back seats for a decent enclosure if need be after taking some measurements.

2 of these in the 1200.4 version
2 sets in each door
2 in upper door and 2 in A-Pillar for each front doors
That would be a start for me without a budget in mind

Last edited:
Hell yeah. No budget? Definitely get the best stuff.
Did someone say Critical Mass?

In all seriousness, hispls said it best: budget, goals, and personal handiness/abilities are about as significant as it gets in suggesting components. What is "loud" to you? What is "low" to you? Which brands and components have you used in the past that you are comparing to?

Without any info besides 2009 Tahoe, it's a waste of time for anyone to give suggestions. The only time budget isn't relevant is if you have bottomless pockets.

My generic answer (again without any info) is look at my signature. I'm very happy with my setup.

Last edited:
Of course it is, and if you say something like that people are going to post links to the most expensive gear on the market.

Also worth mentioning would be what, if any, upgrades you have already done and your comfort level and workshop/tool availability to DIY various types of fabrication.
Ok...I'll put it to you this way. Right now I've got a dual MTX 12" Terminator vented enclosure 1000w RMS. With a Kenwood kac9106 1000w amp powering them. 1/0 awg wire to power block under rear seat with 4 awg to Amps. I've got BOSS audio 6.5 in doors and 6x9 over wheel wells. With a JENSEN 1000w 4 channel amp powering those. So you can see how much of a noob that I am and in desperate need of an upgrade. My next plan is to get custom speaker pods for doors and a pillar. Dual 6.5" or dual 8"??? I was thinking 1 6.5" and 1 8" and 2 3.5" in each door. And 2 3.5" each A pillar. And dual 15" subwoofers.....???

Ok...I'll put it to you this way. Right now I've got a dual MTX 12" Terminator vented enclosure 1000w RMS. With a Kenwood kac9106 1000w amp powering them. 1/0 awg wire to power block under rear seat with 4 awg to Amps. I've got BOSS audio 6.5 in doors and 6x9 over wheel wells. With a JENSEN 1000w 4 channel amp powering those. So you can see how much of a noob that I am and in desperate need of an upgrade. My next plan is to get custom speaker pods for doors and a pillar. Dual 6.5" or dual 8"??? I was thinking 1 6.5" and 1 8" and 2 3.5" in each door. And 2 3.5" each A pillar. And dual 15" subwoofers.....???
I have never used component speakers. It's not worth the effort in my opinion. Get a set of decent coax speakers that fit stock locations, add some deadener and a powerpak, and put your time and money into the bass.

That's why I asked the questions in my last response. It's tough to give suggestions based on vague criteria like "loud and low" and "crisp and clear" and "budget is irrelevant".

If you wanted to get a second set of components up front check out Q-forms kickpanels and see if they make something for your truck. They're very easy to install and are good for imaging. If you want to pay someone to do custom panels/pods for you it would be horribly expensive and if you want to do it yourself it's still going to be expensive and very labor intensive. Also hope you like itching from working with fiberglass.

You had better have deep pockets or be very good with custom fabrication if you want to try to pack your door with 8" midranges and build up A pillars.

Do you have a good selection of woodworking tools? If you want good bass you're going to need to start at building a solid box correctly sized for your subs.

Finally if you want to start adding more power you're going to need to do some electrical upgrades such as finding a high output alternator and investing in more battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...