Cherokee 2014 speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

The_elk00

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
I’m new to this forum and I’m sorry if this has been talked about in a different post. But basically I have a 2014 Cherokee I bought this year. Everything is factory in it currently with the 3.4 inch screen I believe. 3.5 in dash speakers, 6x9 front and rear doors. I was planning on adding a JL audio 10w1v3 with a JL audio amp that a shop recommended but the factory speakers are beginning to crackle on high notes.

I listen to mostly metal, hardcore, punk. And the factory speakers sound very flat with the highs being too high. If you turn up the bass on the head unit a few notches it delivers ok bass. The loudness is not really loud at all. I’ve tried searching on Jeep forums on what route other people have gone. And the general consensus I’ve came across is that mostly everyone just gets the MOPAR Kicker replacements because this vehicle is too difficult to work with or people spend a ton of money on a system. I’m not an audiophile but I would like to have a more vibrant and accurate sound and if possible maybe increase the loudness. I’m not really familiar with audio at all as I get nervous about screwing something up. In the past I replaced speakers on a 2002 Silverado that had an aftermarket head unit and it made a noticeable difference.

I decided I’m going to wait on the sub. I was looking at hertz speakers because that was what the shop recommended. On Crutchfield I found hertz 5.25 speakers that they say fit. If I went this route would I remove the 3.5 dash speakers or is there a better route I should be looking at that is relatively cheap that I could probably do myself.

Also I drive my car for Uber on the weekends so I have people sitting in the backseat often and I don’t want to disturb their rides with too boomy of a bass in the back.

Any help is much appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.