Check out the setup...

tweekerz
10+ year member

Chicago
2 15's are very tempting, I just might do it soon. Taking out my backseats to add on atleast 3-4 cubes. I am looking at 7.5-8.5 cubes to work with here. 2 Hifonics 1500d amps most likely be used in this setup. Need 15's that can take the 1.5kws.

Ok 3 questions..

1. What subs can take the power and the space that I have available

2. How hard is it to tune and run a multiple amp/sub setup?

3. What do I need to do for my electical system with over 3kws?

u will definately need a high output alternator. subs you chould check out are Adire Brahma's, RE XXX's, Orion H2's, etc. you can just run a 0/1 gauge to a distribution block to wire the amps.

I also have a Hifonics BX1500D amp that is going to power a 15" Adire brahma. (one month and counting on the shipping, err). i may go two BX1500Ds and brahmas in the future if i dont go deaf by then

u will definately need a high output alternator. subs you chould check out are Adire Brahma's, RE XXX's, Orion H2's, etc. you can just run a 0/1 gauge to a distribution block to wire the amps.
I still have stock alt and bat in my car. 200amp alternator do the trick? Yellowtop, redtop? Capacitor??

I also have a Hifonics BX1500D amp that is going to power a 15" Adire brahma. (one month and counting on the shipping, err). i may go two BX1500Ds and brahmas in the future if i dont go deaf by then
I want to start competing, I was looking more along the lines of L7s, Hx2s. I am also considering the XXX and SI mags but never heard any of these so its hard to guage any kind of perspective. My main thing is to be the loudest as possible and still retain sound quality. I dont want my subs sounding like ass!

look into the Death Penitly series from Incriminator Audio. I am going to be putting 2.5k RMS to them and I am not to worryed about them so 1.5K should be fine. They are SPL subs but still are able to retain SQ. Check them out...

Jon

Your gonna want around a 200 or higher amp alt and a yellow top under the hood.

Evey time someone installs a capacitor God wipes out a third world village.

Caps are a quick small useless fix. They are sopost to pick up what your alt and battery can't handle and the do there job for about a second and then they can even become another problem. They draw the energy then need from you electrical system which can drop your voltage. They are a complete was of time in my opinon. If you are worred about your electrical system look in to the big 3, alt, battery, wire.

Man I should put that in my sig, seems like I say it enough....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.