Center slot port help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

vnisme
10+ year member

c39SElR.png

So I came up with this for 2 15's. If I wanted to make this a center slot port, could I simply just move the port over? Most port calculations for 8 inches wide and 15.5 inches high give me a length in the 20's. My question is that since my box is about 30 inches, would it be correct if I just had a straight slot port in the center? instead of having 2 L shaped ports coming together as I see often. My box has to be long because the height is restricted to 17 and width is restricted to 38. I am concerned about the 2 subs loading differently in a side slot port configuration.

#1 . Use a much better program like Torres to mock up.

#2 . If you're running a center slot you need to put 2 for common walls unless it has to bend or L at the back wall, then it's 3 common. The port is halved in width at the back if again the port needs a bend.

#3 . It will definitely load better center slot.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thanks A lot! If I were to build this box with the slot to the side and used this for 2 15's. Would the subwoofer closest to the port possibly load differently than the other? Or would The side slot configuration work?

Thanks A lot! If I were to build this box with the slot to the side and used this for 2 15's. Would the subwoofer closest to the port possibly load differently than the other? Or would The side slot configuration work?
Yes it can. The reason I say center slot is twofold, proper loading for each sub and bracing through the center without having to add extra material. I build all dual enclosures this way with subs and port on the same plane. Now if you're going with sub up, port back then a side slot is fine.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.